Olympic Finals and Baby Names

(So obviously the Olympics haven't happened yet, but I want to get to a certain point in the story and I don't want to skip over the whole Olympics. So I know this isn't how it'll go, but just bare with me for the stories sake.)

-Emily-

So here we were, the Olympic finale. August 19th, five months after my wedding. Five months official married to the beautiful Kelley O'Hara. Here I was, on the pitch, ready to win a goal medal.

We versed none other than England, and I was ready to kick ass.

I took the pitch with Alex, walking to center circle. Looking at the opposing side, I clenched my jaw.

"Ready?" Alex asked me, her foot balanced on the ball.

"Hell yah." I told her. The ref blew her whistle, as game play started. The stadium was full of cheering fans from both sides. Alex passed forward to me, as I sent it wide to Tobin.

Running up field, Tobin dropped the ball back to Moe. Moe sent it over to Carli, who passed up to Alex. Alex saw me in the box, and gave me a high pass. Trapping the ball on my chest, I turned. Dropping it in front of me, I took a hard shot. England's goalkeeper tipped it over the cross bar, but just barley.

That's how most of the first half continued. We had great shots, and England barley made the save. Our backline was holding strong, and Hope was kickin ass. Kelley was playing amazing, and didn't let anyone past her.

In the forty second minute, Kelley sent a pass up to Carli. Carli volleyed it to Alex, who sent it over to me. I played the ball to my right foot, and made my way up field. I faced off with the two defenders who hurt me in our last game against them.

Scissoring, I spun around the first defender. Facing off with the last one, I shifted my weight. Meging the second defender, I side stepped her. Regaining the ball, I planted my hips right. The goalie must have watched our game tapes, because she shifted left. So I fallowed through on my shot, and sent the ball towards the upper ninety.

Fallowing through on my shot, I fell onto my side. Glancing up, I saw the ball fly into the back netting. The stadium irrupted in cheers, everyone on their feet. I stood up, and looked around the pitch. Seeing Alex, I saluted her. She smiled, and did it back. I then ran to her, and gave her a tight hug.

The first half ended one-zero, and we were all pumped. Once we all took the field, the second half started.

In the sixty third minute, England scored on us. No one really knew how it happened, it just sort of did. So tied at one one, we reset.

Alex scored an amazing goal in the seventy second minute. Tobin had a lofted cross into her, and Alex headed it in to the bottom left corner. Unfortunately, England scored again. One of their forwards slipped past Julie and got a cheep shot off.

After ninety minutes, the game was still tied two-two. Olympic finals, and we had to do penalties. So we headed to one side of the pitch, and watched England's goalkeeper, Bardsley, get in goal. Tobin took the first penalty.

She lined up, and waited for the refs signal. Bardsley was trying to psych Tobin out, but it wasn't working. Once the ref gave the signal, Tobin struck the ball. It flew into the right back netting, and went past Bardsley.

We all cheered, as Hope got in goal. Fara Williams lined up for her penalty, and ended up scoring on Hope. Carli was next to take the penalty, and sent it into the lower left corner. Casey Stoney was next to take the penalty, but Hope made the save.

Alex went next to take the penalty, and ended up hitting it wide left. We told her to shake it off, as Hope got back in goal. Jill Scott came up, and scored on Hope. Ali went next to take the penalty, and scored. Karen Carney went up to take England's next penalty, and missed.