Weddings and First Game Back

-Emily-

Standing in my short white dress, I took deep breaths. Running my hand through my hair, I bounced on my toes. I had no idea why I was nervous, I just new I was. Tracing my fingers over my black tattoos, I bit my lip.

"Em, yah ready?" Alex asked me, and I nodded.

"Why am I so nervous?" I asked

"Maybe because you're marrying the love of your life, and you just want everything to go perfect." Alex said, and I sighed.

"Will everything go perfect?" I asked, and she nodded,

"Everything will be perfect, don't worry." Alex told me, and I nodded.

"Okay, let's go."

---

Standing under the flower arch, I dug my toes into the sand. My national teammates sat before me and even some of my teammates from PSG and Sky Blue. Taking deep breaths, I closed my eyes.

Why was I so nervous? I shouldn't be nervous. Why am I nervous?

Alex stood beside me, her hand findings its place on my shoulder. This calmed me down, but I still would open my eyes. Hearing the backdoor open, I opened my eyes. Kelley appeared in a white dress similar to mine, but hers was much prettier. Her hair was down in perfect wavy curls. Her arm was locked with her dads, as a smile spread across her face. Her eyes locked with mine, and I smiled back.

Once Kelley made her way to me, she quickly hugged her dad. She took her place beside me, as the wedding started. I wasn't paying attention to what the officiator was saying, I was to caught up in staring at her. The way her eyes shined, the way her smile lit up the place.

"Kelley, your vows?" The officiator asked, as I was snapped out of my trance.

"Emily Jane Rush." Kelley said, causing me to smile. "I love you, and I will never stop loving you. I thought I was living my life, but then I met you. That's when I knew I wasn't truly living, I wasn't living my life to the fullest. You, you made my life complete. I never really believed in true love." Kelley said.

"Does anybody!" Pinoe shouted, as we laughed.

"And like I said, then you showed up. Those mesmerizing green eyes captured my attention, that million dollar smile captivated me, and your voice put me in a trance."

Kelley said, as I blushed.

"Emily, I vow to love you forever, no matter what. I vow to love you in our hardest times, and to stick by your side no matter what. I vow to make you coffee every morning, and snuggle with you at night. I vow to hold you close, and to tell you I love you as much as I can. I vow to kiss you whenever you're sad, and to kiss you when you're happy. I vow to love you, and I know I couldn't stop loving you."

"Emily?" The officiator asked.

"Don't think I can top that." I said, as people laughed. "Kelley Maureen O'Hara, you crazy little squirrel, I love you. I was a really crappy person before I met you. I never talked to anyone, I never smiled. You brought out my smile, you made me laugh. I left my family, I became a person I didn't even recognize. But you brought me back, and I will never stop thanking you for that. I will never stop loving you. The first day we met, I instantly knew there was something about you. Your perfect smile, your warm and inviting eyes, your weird jokes that I've grown to love. I vow to be the better me, to never go back to being who I was. I never want you to meet that side of me. I vow to be your family, to never leave your side. I vow to hold you when your sad, and do everything I can to make you happy. I vow to make you breakfast every morning, and to be there with you at night. I vow to sing to you when you're sad, and continue to sing to you when you're happy. I vow to love you until,my very last breath, and I vow to be the best me I can possible be. I vow to be the best me, for you." I said, as Kelley whipped away one of her stray tears.