Banged Up and Dog Requests

-Kelley-

Looking around the somewhat fixed apartment, I sighed out. Alex and Christen had decided to put pictures of me and Emily over the holes, and then we used a large box as a new coffee table. I had went and got a new phone, since I destroyed my last one. Leaning against the counter top in the kitchen, I dialed my moms number. After a few rings, she picked up.

"Kelley?" My mom said, her voice hoarse. I sniffled, brushing away my new tears.

"Mom." I cried into the phone.

"Kelley. Is-is she okay?" My mom cried into the phone. I sniffled again, brushing away my tears.

"Yah. Yah she's okay. She's coming home." I said, hearing my mom sigh.

"Thank god." My mom said, sniffling. "When is she coming back?"

"A few hours." I said, walking over to the wall.

"Do you know how she's doing?" My mom asked, and I just shook my head.

"She said she's a little banged up, but I don't really know." I told her.

"I'm sure she's okay. Will you call me when you find out more?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Of course." I told her. "Of course I will."

"Alright. Bye Kelley. I'm glad she's okay, I love you. Tell Emily I love her to when you see her."

"I will mom. I love you too." I said.

"Bye Kel."

"Bye mom."

Hanging up the phone, I sighed out. Rubbing away my stray tears, I headed into the kitchen. I frantically tried to clean something, but there was nothing to clean. Looking around the apartment, I gripped my hands on the side of the counter top. Smiling, I let out a shaky laugh.

"She's coming home." I whispered. "She's coming home."

---

Three hours later, it took three hours. I was waiting on the couch, bouncing my knees up and down. She was coming, she was almost here.

And then I heard a knock.

Jumping up from the couch, I practically ran across the living room. My socks slid on the hard wood floor, making me slam into the door.

"Mother-" I snapped, grabbing my forehead. Grabbing the door handle, I pulled the door open. Rubbing my forehead, I looked up to see the 5"7 forward I've been missing so much.

Taking a closer look at her, I grew worried. She had a bandage covering her forehead, really close to her hairline. Another bandage laid on her neck, just below her jaw. I then looked at her left arm. It was in a weird cast. It started at her finger tips, metallic pieces that wrapped around her fingers. It then ran down her wrist, attaching at the bones on both sides of her wrist. It then ran up her arm, and attached at her elbow. It moved all the way up to her shoulder, the pieces inserting at her collar bone area. The metallic strips laid over her skin, and seemed to fuse into her bones. Her arm was then in a sling, that went around her opposite shoulder.

"Em." I said, and she only smiled at me. That million dollar smile that I've missed so much.

"Hey Kel." She said, her voice raspier then normal. I took a step towards her, locking my lips with hers. Wrapping my arms around her neck, I pulled her as close to me as she could get. Moving my lips in sync with hers, I smiled into her lips. Biting her lower lip, I let out a small laugh.

"Little liar." I mumbled, as Emily laughed.

"What?" She asked, pulling away to look at me.

"A little banged up?" I questioned.