Mozart and PK's

-Emily-

We had one more game until the finale, and it was against one of the best teams in the world.

Germany.

We would either win and go on to face our rivals, or we would lose and never get the chance to redeem ourselves. But I wasn't taking loosing as an option. It was either win, or win. My job on this team was to help them get back to the cup finale, and that's what I planned on doing.

Today was the day, today was the day we broke assumptions. Everyone was betting on Germany winning, but we were going to prove them wrong. I knew many girls on this team, since they played with me on PSG. I knew their moves and I knew their tricks. That meant I could get past them like a breeze. I was going to be the game changer, I was going to be the dangerous weapon.

I was going to be the legend I was known to be.

---

Sitting in the locker room, I had my beats on. Currently I was listening to Trans Siberian Orchestra, rocking my head to the deep cello line. I was thinking about the German defense, and how I could beat them. I knew they staggered their center backs, and I could easily slip in between them. That was how I was going to get into the box.

As the song changed on my phone, I now listened to Sonata No. 11 in A, by Mozart. Drumming my fingers against my knees, I licked my bottom lip. Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I opened one eye to see Kelley. Smiling at her, I pulled one side of my head phones off my ear.

"Hmm?" I questioned, as she sat down beside me.

"Whatcha listening to?" She asked.

"Mozart, Sonata No. 11 in A." I told her, and she nodded.

"Can't say I've heard it." She said, and I smiled. Taking off my headphones, I placed them over her ears. She let a small smile spread onto her face, as she slowly closed her eyes. "It's beautiful." She murmured. I smiled, and left a small kiss on her lips. Letting my lips linger, she slowly kissed me back. She sat up, wrapping her arms around my neck. I smiled into her lips, as she slowly pulled away.

"Do you like it?" I asked, as she pushed my headphones down to her neck.

"It's mesmerizing." She told me. "Just like your eyes." She whispered, and I smiled.

"You're such a sap, and I love it." I told her, giving her a kiss.

"Hey, lovebirds! We got a game to play!" Hope yelled, as the team circled up. I paused my music, and tossed my phone and headphones into my bag. Walking into the circle, I felt someone touch my arm. Looking over, Carli was strapping the captains band to my arm.

"Carli." I said, and she stopped me.

"Hey, shut up and wear it." She said, as I slowly unstrapped it.

"I'll have plenty of opportunities to wear this band, but you should wear it today. You deserve it." I told her, and she smiled.

"Alright, thanks Rush." Carli said. I nodded, and Abby stepped into the circle.

"Listen up ladies, it's Germany out there! They are going to be ruthless, and they won't go down easy! But you ladies can do it! You can beat them, show them no mercy! And Emily-" She said, as I looked over at her. "Show them why they call you the legend." She told me, and I nodded.

"Can do."

---

We got out on the field, and it made me sad Kelley wasn't starting. But I knew after her amazing performance last week Jill would put her in. I stood at the center circle with Alex, waiting for the kickoff. Germany got the ball first, as we waited to strike. Once everyone was set, the ref blew her whistle. Germany kicked the ball down field, and immediately went at goal. Becky got the ball, and sent it up field. Tobin received the ball, and dribbled up field. She was slid tackled, and sent to the ground. No whistle was blown, as the game continued.