Goals and Sisters

(The games going to go a little different then it did in the World Cup)

-Alex-

Today was game day. Sweden vs. USA.

Today was also Emily's sisters birthday. She was already here with her aunt, ready to cheer her big sister on. I got to help Ems family settle in, and her sister was adorable. She had dark brown hair just like Emily, and tan skin. The only different was their eyes, Ems were a sharp green but her sisters were a piercing blue. Their faces were so similar, and Kathleen look just like a mini Emily.

We got her a Rush jersey that she wore with pride, and a little extra birthday present. Kat was a big fan of soccer just like Emily, so we got her a ball that we all signed. We're planning on having Emily sign it later.

Today in the locker room everyone was excited, and also nervous. Emily sat against the wall once again, listening to some type of music. She had her beats on, and her eyes closed. I asked Kelley what kind of music they listened to together, and Kelley said she usually picked it. We all decided that Em would be captain today, and we planned on having her sister walk the game ball out with the referees.

Finally when we were out on the field, Emily walked to the sub spot. The Sweden captain faced her, as the referees walked out. They shook hands with Emily and the Sweden captain, and then Kat slipped out from behind them. Emily looked down, and saw her sister. She immediately took two big steps to get to her, and wrapped her in her arms. Everyone one in the stadium clapped and cheered, and Emily lifted Kat into her arms. Kat wrapped her arms around Emily, as we all clapped. Emily and Kat pulled back to look at each other, as Emily whipped tears from her sisters face.

She was finally reunited with her family.

-Emily-

As I held Kat in my arms, I cried tears of joy. She's gotten so much prettier, and she was so mature. I haven't seen her in five years, and I've missed her so much. I finally got her back, and I was the happiest person in the world.

I was sad to let her go, but I knew I'd see her soon. She gave me the game ball, and ran off to see my aunt. I smiled at the both of them, and then got ready for the game. Taking the coin toss, we got kickoff. I shook hands with the Sweden captain, and the. Headed back to my team. I walked up to Kelley, Alex and Tobin, pulling them into a hug.

"I love you guys." I said, and they all laughed.

"We love you too." They all said.

We all got lined up, and got ready for kickoff. Once the whistle blew, I rolled the ball up to Alex. She passed it back to Tobin, who carried it up field. I ran up with her, and she went to try and send it in to me. I jumped up, and flicked the ball to Alex. She went to take a shot, but was taken down hard. The ref didn't blow his whistle, and said play on. I ran over, helping Alex to her feet. She sighed, and ran up field with me.

The game was going by slow, and not much was happening. It was a lot of back and forth play, but not many opportunities. The first half ended with no goals, and the second half soon started. Around the 48th minute, Sweden got a shot off. It was powerful and dead on to goal. Hope was trying to make the dive, but wouldn't get there in time. Out of nowhere, Kling jumped up, ramming her head into the ball. It bounced off the crossbar, and out of goal scoring territory. Once the ball was out of play, we all ran and hugged Kling. We were still tied because of her.

As the game dragged on, it was rounding the end of the game. Three extra minutes were added on, and we've currently used two of them. Pinoe was making a great run up the side, but was cut off short. She sent the ball in to me, and I got the ball just above the eighteen. I was all alone, and had three defenders in front of me. I dribbled forward, and shifted my weight. The first defender fell to the left, as I went right. Quickly faking out one other defender, I rolled the ball into the middle of the box. I planted my hips right, and saw the goalie shift her weight right. Taking a hard shot, the ball soared towards the top left corner. The last Sweden defender collided with me after I shot, and I was sent to the ground. Slamming into the turf, I groaned out. Quickly looking up, I saw the goalie trying to make her way back left. Everything seemed quiet to me, and everything seemed slow. The ball spun and slammed into the back of the net, making the net roll back. The stadium erupted in cheers and cries of joy. I rolled over onto my back, thrusting my fists into the air. Bodies started to pile onto me, as my teammates joined me in celebrating.