Chapter Twenty-Eight

Jasmine

"Khaliiil!" I shouted as he continued to tickle me.

"Say you love me and that I'm the best bestfriend ever!" He told me laughing.

"I love you and your the best bestfriend ever!" I screamed.

"That's what I thought." He said once he stopped tickling me.

"Bitch." I mumbled.

"What you say?" He asked with a smirk.

"Nothing!" I said throwing my hands up in surrender.

He laughed and his older brother Kameron walked through the door. He came into the living room with his ten month old daughter.

"Waddup y'all." He greeted us sitting down.

"Heyy." I said taking Kaya from him.

She smiled at me and slob dripped down from her chin and onto my lap. She started laughing when I raised my eyebrow at her which made me laugh too.

"Where you coming from?" Khalil asked Kameron.

"Kayas' mom wanted to see her for a while." Kameron said sighing.

"Geez, how dat work out?" I asked looking at Kameron.

"It was all good at first until she asked to get back with me. I still love her but I ion want Kaya around her alone. Nasha isn't mother material. She still be out partying, smoking and drinking. She don't know when to chill out. So we got into an argument then I took Kaya and left." Kameron explained shaking his head.

"Yo baby mama sho ain't mother material. You playing daddy and mommy roles." Khalil stated.

"Word." Kameron agreed playing in Kayas' hair.

Quavo

Miracle watched as I held Melo's hands while he stomped in the water. I picked him up and threw him in the air then caught him a couple of times making him laugh. I walked over to where Miracle was and sat on a beach towel and sat Melo on my lap.

"Having fun?" Miracle asked me with a cute laugh.

"Yeah. Ain't dat right lil man?" I tickled Melo. "How bout y'all?" I asked looking down at her little baby bump.

"We're just chilling." Miracle said placing her hand on her stomach.

Miracle took out her phone and clicked on the camera then we all took four pictures. She collaged them and posted them on instagram. I grabbed her hand and ran to the water with her and Melo. I pulled her into my chest and kissed her with so much passion. When we pulled away, we stared at each other.

"Miracle, I'm in love widd ya shawty." I said with a chuckle.

"Quavious, I'm in love widd ya too." She replied.

Melo started to mumble something. I looked at him and his face held a big smile as he continued to try to say the word. I've been trying to get him to say 'mommy' to surprise Miracle but I just ain't been getting through to him.

"D-d-d. . ." He began to say.

"What you tryna say squishy?" Miracle asked. She whispered into his ear and smiled up at me.

"What you tell--"

"Dada!" Melo said cutting me off.

Miracle smiled at me as I smiled at Melo who kept repeating 'Dada!'. Yo, call me a bitch. I don't give a fuck but hearing him call me his dad made a nigga wanna cry. And that's his first word, yo. But I ain't gone be no hoe and get to crying and shit. Instead I kissed his big forehead and hugged him. I think he gets his forehead from Miracle cuz it is big.

"I--"

The ringing of my phone disturbed us. I sighed and went to answer it. The caller ID said 'Offset'. I answered and Offset was just going on and on about someone getting shot.

"Set, chill the fuck out! Who got shot?" I shouted worried.

"Takeoff!" He yelled back.

"Whea y'all at?" I asked. I could hear Brianna crying hysterically in the background.

"Emory." He said.

"Ight, I'm on my way." I said before hanging up.

"What happened? Did you say someone got shot?" Miracle asked with worry all in her voice.
"Yeah, Takeoff got shot. We gotta go ta the hospital right now." I said starting to pick up everything.

Offset

What the fuck is going on? First, Takeoff said he shot Brianna's cousin. Then, We went into a full war at tha club. Now, Takeoff got shot. This past week has been too fucking much. I looked up as Quavo stormed into the hospital doors, Melo in his arms and Miracle right at his heels.

"So what exactly happened?" Quavo asked.

"We had decided to go for a lil ride. After we left, in my car, we was going to get gas. We came up to a stoplight and a black charger pulled up next to us. When I looked over they had guns pointed at Take. They shot him twice. Once in the arm and once in the stomach, close to his chest. Then they pulled off." I explained.

"Did y'all see they faces, a license plate, something?"

"Nah."

Quavo sighed long and sat next to me. Melo was started to fall asleep in his arms and Miracle sat, looking like she was going to cry. Jasmine had been with that bitch nigga Khalil and his brother when I called her. She still haven't gotten here yet. She betta not be fuckin that nigga.

Brianna still over there crying while Lingo tryna comfort her. The whole QC in this Damn waiting room. The tension in this room so thick. Ion think any of us would be able to go on without Takeoff smart mouth ass. He too young fa this. I know I'm only two years older but Shidd, I've experienced more. I shook my head. Putting my head in the palm of my hands, thinking about this is my fault since I suggested to go fa a ride.

*Kameron in the MM*