Chapter One

20 YEARS AGO

            "Why are we doing this?" The green eyed boy asked the gray eyed one.

            "What do you mean?" The other boy asked. He crawled to his boyfriend on the other side of the bed. He sat sprawled out next to the younger boy and caught his gaze.

            "Hiding us? I love you...I really do but I can't hide us anymore." The green eyed boy nearly started crying. The older boy brushed a hand through the younger ones hair and whispered:

            "Well what do you want to do about it?"

            "It's beyond dangerous for us to come out." The younger one choked back a sob. "Maybe...maybe we should just break up." He looked away so he didn't see the hurt in his lover's eyes. There was a long pause before he heard the other boy sigh.

            "If that's what you want." He whispered slowly. "Will we get back together after the war?" The younger boy caught his stare again and gave a small smile.

            "If that's what we want. Then that's what will happen." He whispered and planted a kiss on his lover's neck. "Goodbye. I love you."

            But they never did get back together...

PRESENT DAY

Albus' P.O.V

            It was my first day of Hogwarts in my first year. I was super nervous because I didn't want to be sorted into Slytherin. I heard bad things about Slytherin. So, being sorted into that house was out of the question. I was at Kings Cross accompanied by my parents; they seemed to be acting civil today since their divorce. I trailed behind them as they walked with my brother James. My father looked behind him and frowned slightly as he saw me. I stopped to tie my shoe and he kneeled down in front of me.

            "What's the matter sport?"  He asked.

            "What if I'm placed in Slytherin?" My voice was small. He cracked a small smile.

            "Albus Severus, you are named after two of the greatest headmasters Hogwarts has ever seen." He said. "One of them was a Slytherin and he was a really great guy. But if you don't want to be put into Slytherin, the sorting hat takes your opinion into consideration."

            "It does?"

            "Yes it does. So don't you worry about that okay?" He said and I nodded. He smiled and stood up helping me up in the process. "Now go find your brother because I'm sure he's already causing trouble." He said and I laughed.

            "Alright papa, I love you." I hugged him and he kissed my forehead.

            "I love you too." He said. I hugged my mother goodbye and my little sister Lily and hopped on the train. I looked through the compartments looking for James and not looking where I was going. I slammed into a body and toppled on to the ground.

            "Merlin, are you alright?" The voice asked. Rubbing my head gently, I looked up. I was faced with the cutest boy I have ever seen. His icy gray eyes were sparkling with worry and his blonde hair was slicked back.

            "Y-yeah." I stuttered. "I'm sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." I said.

            "It's alright, I wasn't either." He seemed really sweet. He stuck out his hand to help me up. I took it and noted that his hands were really soft. Trying to hide my blush, I stood up.