Chapter Ten

Scorpius' P.O.V

We boarded the express after saying goodbye to our parents. I was really happy because dad seemed got along well with Albie's dad.

"Do you think they're friends?" I asked. "Our dads I mean." We took a seat in an empty compartment. Rose had scampered away to talk to some Ravenclaw boy she was smitten with. But Albus allowed Lily to sit with us.

"I think so!" Lily piped. "They seem to be getting along."

"Y-yeah despite t-their past." Albus said and then cuddled up to my side.

"I'm happy." I said. "I want them to be friends."

"It seems l-like they are." Albus chimed in.

"So Lily are you excited or nervous?" I asked and she shrugged.

"A little of both." She answered. "I want to be in Gryffindor with you guys but I may be better off in Ravenclaw."

"Well I'm sure you'll do fine wherever you are put." I assured her.

"Where did your parents want you to go?" She asked.

"My mum wanted me to be in Slytherin." I said and Albus tensed. He was really uptight about that house. I moved my arm so he was lying closer to me. "Dad didn't care where I was put."

"So you do have a mum." She stated. "What happened to her?" She asked.

"L-lily d-don't ask." Albus sneered and I brushed a hand through his black hair.

"It's alright Albie bear." I said. "She left about over a year ago."
"So you never see her?"

"Nope."

"Do you miss her?" She asked. I stayed silent for a bit, looked at Albie and then back to Lily.

"Not really." I answered. Albie looked up at me and kissed me gently. "I love you Albie." I whispered.

"I love you too." Lily squealed and we looked at her.

"Sorry but you two are so adorable." She told us and we smiled.

"Thank you."

***

As we waited for everyone to be sorted, Albus turned to me and smiled.

"Jelly bean! I almost forgot!" He yelled and then kissed me gently. "Happy one year anniversary." He said and I smiled. I had forgotten.

"Happy anniversary."

"Lily Potter!" We heard and our heads snapped in the direction of the front. The hat was put on her head and barely touched it before it yelled out,

"Gryffindor!" We all cheered and she cheerfully walked over to us sitting across for us.

"Yay!" Rose hugged her tightly. "I'm so happy you're in the house."
"Yeah all us Potters!" James piped and Albus smiled.

"Welcome to the house." Albus said. After everyone went and the feast was given, Albus and I went exploring. He walked me up to the seventh floor and paced in front of the wall.

"What are you doing?" I asked and a door appeared.

"It's the room I was telling you about." He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the door. There was a big sofa with a bunch of blanket and pillows. There was roaring fire.