•1•

First chapter! Enjoy!

VOTE/COMMENT

Much love,

TCforever22

------------------------------------------

"Going for a jog again?" Christina Thompson, Nicole's mom asked as she put their dirty clothes in the washing machine.

"Yep." Nicole replied as she got her phone from the island and put it in her pocket. "I'll see you at lunch."

"Okay. Bye. Be safe! Don't talk to strangers!"

"The strangers don't talk to me, mom!"

As soon as she got out of their house, she started jogging to God knows where would her feet take her. She put her earphones and the song 'Lost The Best Thing' came up.

Take back my tears

For every useless one that I ever let fall

Don't tell me you care

All that you're good for now is 'see I told you so'

'Til the very last lie you drew me in

And I guess that's why you never knew

For breaking my heart was stupid to do

Stupid of you....

And you just lost the best thing......

Then she was surprised when someone pulled her back.

"What the heck?!" she screamed and when she turned around, she saw her bestfriend, Phoebe.

"Hey Nix!" Phoebe greeted her.

"What the hell Phoebe! For a second, I thought I was gonna punch the lights out of whoever did that to me!" Nicole said while taking her earphones off of her ears. "Jeez!!!"

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"The Collective wants a new member in their group!"

"And your point?"

"And you could be their chosen one! I mean, you've got a great voice! I'm pretty sure they'll choose you."

"Phoebe, you know that I suck when it comes to auditioning so give it up."

Then she started jogging and Phoebe joined her.

"Don't you want to join?! Look, if you got accepted, you get to live with them under the same roof! You get to live with Jayden Sierra! You like him, right?" Phoebe said.

"I do like Jayden but it's just a crazy infatuation! He doesn't even know I exist!" Nicole said.

"But he will when you send your auditioning video to them."

"Look Phoebe, I want to join! I'm dying to! But you know what? I don't have the guts to do it! So please, just leave me alone!"

"Is this about your phobia of rejection?" Phoebe asked, stopping halfway.

"Yes, is that what you want to hear?" Nicole said then she rememebered the singing contests that she auditioned for but she got rejected. Then tears started coming out from her bright blue eyes and then Phoebe hugged her.

"Nicole, I'm asking you to join because I know you've got potential. I know that you can do it. I believe in you." She said to Nicole, emphasizing every word to her. "You know, I miss the 'real' Nicole. The confident and brave one. I know that this isn't you... And I know that you know that too."

Nicole sighed, "You know, you and mom were the only people who believed me and I'm so grateful for that." she said as she smiled.

"So....?"

"I'm auditioning."

**

Nicole went home earlier than expected.

"Why so early?" Christina asked.

"Uh... I remembered that I have some important things to do, Mom." she answered.

"Like what?"

"Homework."

Then she went to the bathroom in her room and took a bath. When she got dressed, she sat in front of her laptop.

"Okay... Just sing your heart out Nicole." she said to herself. "This is it. Here we go." The she clicked the record button.

"Hi, I'm Nicole Thompson and I'm gonna sing 'In This Song' by Charice." she said as she sat in front of her keyboard and started to sing.

I may not know

Where I'm going now

This broken road

Is trying to tear me down

But deep inside, I found

A sacred place that I never knew

Where I feel safe when the road is untrue

Here's what I learned to do.

Just sing this song

And it takes me right back

Where I belong

'Cause everyday there's a new bridge to cross

But I'm never far from home

If I put my heart... My soul... My own...

In this song...

Oh...

I don't depend on friends

'Cause they come and go...

My belief in myself

Is gonna carry me through

That's why I'm learning... Oh! Whoa!

I'm learning now...

I'm learning to sing

Just sing this song

And it takes me right back

Where I belong

'Cause everyday there's a new bridge to cross

But I'm never far from home

If I put my heart... My soul... My own...

I may not have all the words that I need to say and...

Though I won't always be strong but I'm never afraid

Because I hold my destiny

It depends on me alone...

Alone........

So... Just sing this song

And it takes me right back where I belong

And everyday there's a new bridge to cross

But I'm never far from home

If I give my heart, my soul, my own...

I keep giving my heart, my soul, my own...

In this song...

In this song....

In this song............

**

In this song..........

"Oh my god..." Phoebe said after watching the video.

"What? Is it good or bad?" Nicole asked.

"It's not good. Nor great." she said. "It's PERFECT!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! You've improved so much Nix! Upload it on their website!"

"But---"

"No 'buts'. Upload it. Now."

And with one click on the upload button, Nicole's life is about to change once and for all.