•16•

"Trent! Trent!" Nicole said as she followed him. "Trent, please! Turn around!" But still he didn't.

"Trent!!!" She called out again and at last he turned around. "What?" He asked, annoyed. "It's already clear to me Nicole! You never loved me in the first place! You told it straight to my face!"

"Trent, what I said back there wasn't true. I love you. I really do. And if you love me back, you wouldn't question my love for you!" She cried. "Tell me, is there a time that did I ever questioned your love for me?! Trent, never in my life have I ever questioned one person's love for me because right from the very start and deep witihin me, I knew that it's true!" He sighed and pulled her into a massive hug and breathed in her sweet scent.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Nicole. I shouldn't have questioned your love for me... I'm sorry." He whispered to her then he kissed her forehead. "Look, I'm sorry... Okay? I'm sorry." Then he cupped her face with his hands and kissed her tears away and then he pulled her in for a hug once again.

"I love you Nicole..." He whispered to her. She said nothing and just clashed her lips on his.

A little while later, they already left but Christina said that she'll visit Jacob again tomorrow. Nicole said she'll think about it and so they all went separate ways. "Nicole?" Trent said as he held her hand. Nicole pulled her attention away from the window and looked at him.

"Yeah?" She said.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm okay. Don't worry."

"No, you're not. Tell me."

"Trent, I don't want to argue with you again so please..."

He sighed then smiled at her and gave her hand a little squeeze. When they got to the hotel that they were supposed to stay for the week, they quickly went into their own rooms and unpacked their things and Jayden was the first one to finish so he decided to walk around and besides, he didn't feel sleepy at all. Everything that happened today were just so overwhelming for all of them.

As Nicole finished unpacking, she heard a knock on her door and when she opened it, she saw Jayden.

"Hey." He greeted her.

"Hi." She greeted back. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. Um... Hey, wanna go for a walk?"

"Okay. And besides, I'm not yet that sleepy."

She got her card and then closed her door shut and then together they went downstairs and walked around the garden of the hotel.

"So what is it that you won't tell Trent a while ago?" Jayden asked her as they both sat on the bench in front of the fountain. Nicole pretended to look confused but he chuckled, "Don't act like you're confused. You know what am I talking about." He said.

She laughed and sighed, "Ah... You know me too well Jayden." She said and they both laughed. He looked at her and she looked back as well, meeting his gaze. "I was just wondering... Why did Trent ask me that a while ago?" she said. "Why did he ask if I love him or not?"

"The question is... Do you love him?" He said and half of him wanted to hear the answer and the half of him doesn't want to.

She sighed, "I... To be honest, I don't know. I really don't know." she replied as she looked down on the ground.

"Then why did you go out with him if you're not sure about your feelings for him?"

She fell silent, knowing that the only main reason why she said yes to Trent is because Jayden had stopped caring about her... that he had started to build walls between the two of them.

"Nicole?"

She sighed, "Because I thought you stopped caring for me. I thought I had already lose you." She said as tears came out from her blue eyes. Jayden was surprised to hear her answer. "I love you Jayden. I've been in love with you ever since I became a part of this group."

He smiled weakly, "I love you too Nicole. I've always loved you ever since I got to work with you." He said. "And I never stopped caring for you. I never did." Then he let out a little desperate laugh, "You know, I was going to ask you out the day that Trent asked you out but then Trent's the fast-worker so he gets to claim his prize early." he said as he smiled weakly. "I was acting so distant to you that day to see if you'd do anything about it... To see if you care..."

Nicole was dumbstruck. She didn't know what to do. Her tears just kept coming out from her eyes. She was annoyed at herself because she hadn't noticed his feelings for her a long time ago. "You always have your eyes fixiated to Trent..." He added as tears came out from his eyes.

"Jayden..."

"Nicole, I still love you."

"Jayden, you knew that I am now with Trent."

He closed his eyes in disappointment and nodded his head. "And you know that this won't work out." she added as she placed her hand on his shoulder. "I mean, you're a great guy Jayden. You deserved better... And it's not me."

And then the next thing she knew was that his lips clashed on hers but the odd thing about it was that she didn't feel angry at all. Instead, she wanted it to last forever.

...And the sparks...

She felt it. She felt the sparks that she never felt with Trent.

Maybe after all, Jayden was really her first love and her love for him didn't really die at all.