•33•

"Guys, oh my gosh!!!" Darcy squealed in joy inside the studio. "Oh my gosh!!!"

"Whoa Darcy! Calm down!" Zach said.

"What is it, Darcy?" Julian asked.

Darcy took a deep breath and tried to held back her squeal, "Well... You guys are having a collaboration with one of the finest singers in the world!" She said excitedly.

"Okay... Hopefully it's Justin Bieber or Little Mix that we're gonna work with." Julian said.

"Unfortunately Jules, it's not Justin Bieber nor the Little Mix." Darcy said.

"If not them, then who?" He asked.

"Yeah. Could there be any better than them?" William said.

"No... It's not like that. BUT she's like getting up to their level." She said.

"She?" The boys said.

"Wait... Is it that Nica Thompson girl?" Jayden asked and the other boys suddenly looked at him.

"Yes." She said.

**

"So what's with the sudden meeting?" Nicole asked.

"Well, I just want to inform you that you are gonna collaborate with the newest and famous supergroup here in Australia." Yannie, her manager said.

"You mean The Collective?" Mark said, joining in their conversation and Nicole's heart throbbed once again when she heard the band name. Yannie nodded.

"Wait, this is insensitive! I mean, Nicole's one of them before!" He said.

"Then better. You know, reunion? After three years, they are finally going to work again." Yannie defended as she crossed her legs.

"Even if two of their band members were her ex-boyfriends?" He said at her, quizzically.

"Who cares?! I mean, what difference would it make? So what if two of them were her past boyfriends? Mark, professionalism is one way to not let the past issues affect their work. And besides, if Nicole wants to become really famous then it's either she do what the management says or ship out of showbusiness." She defended.

"But---!" Mark said but Nicole cut him off.

"It's okay. I'm okay with that." Nicole said. "And Yannie's right, Mark. It's already in the past so let's leave it behind. Let bygones be bygones."

**

That night, Mark and Nicole ate at a fancy restaurant. While they were eating their dessert, Mark pulled out a red box from his pocket and put it in front of Nicole.

"What's this?" She asked.

"Open it." He said casually.

She opened it and saw a diamond ring in it. She looked at him and he was smiling at her. Mark stood up and knelt down in front of her on his one knee and got the ring from the box and then got her hand, "You know, you really have a pair of beautiful hands. So much beautiful that I'm pretty sure that this ring would perfectly fit around your left fourth finger."

"Mark, we have already talked about this." Nicole said. "I just can't marry you right now." Then she let go from his hold. Mark stood up and went back to his seat with a frown on his face.

"Is this about Trent?... Oh no. Wait. Let me rephrase that. This is about Jayden, isn't it?" He said.

"Mark, this is not about Trent nor about Jayden. I thought I already made this clear with you?!"

"Then why can't you say yes? Nicole, we've been together for three years!'

"I told you that I'm going to marry you once I'm ready, okay? And three years? Fuck that. So what if we've been for three years? Mark, it's useless anyway saying yes to you if I'm not yet really that ready! Please understand me Mark! PLEASE!"

And then Nicole stood up and walked out of the restaurant as tears spilled out from her blue eyes. She went into her limousine.

"Where do you want to go Ms. Nicole?" The driver said.

"Home. I wanna go home." She said as she looked at the window.