•32•

++ AFTER THREE YEARS........++

"Hey babe, ready for your next song?" Mark Williams, Nicole's new boyfriend asked her. She was back again in her singing career after she finished her studies and she was doing tours across Australia. And right now, she's in Sydney.

"Yeah. I'm ready." Nicole said then she stood up. 'Where's my good luck kiss?"

Mark chuckled and gave her the most passionate kiss ever but she still didn't feel the sparks after being with him for three years now. She smiled and then she went out of her dressing room and went onto the stage as soon as the music started.

She walks to school with the lunch she packed

Nobody knows what she's holdin' back

Wearin' the same dress she wore yesterday

She hides the bruises with linen and lace

The teacher wonders but she doesn't ask

It's hard to see the pain behind the mask

Bearing the burden of a secret storm

Sometimes she wishes she was never born

Through the wind and the rain

She stands hard as a stone

In a world that she can't rise above

But her dreams give her wings

And she flies to a place where she's loved

Concrete angel

Somebody cries in the middle of the night

The neighbors hear, but they turn out the lights

A fragile soul caught in the hands of fate

When morning comes it'll be too late

Through the wind and the rain

She stands hard as a stone

In a world that she can't rise above

But her dreams give her wings

And she flies to a place where she's loved

Concrete angel

A statue stands in a shaded place

An angel girl with an upturned face

A name is written on a polished rock

A broken heart that the world forgot

Through the wind and the rain

She stands hard as a stone

In a world that she can't rise above

But her dreams give her wings

And she flies to a place where she's loved

Concrete angel

And so the crowd went wild once again after she sang her song. But even though she's already living her dream, she still felt that something's missing.

**

"Oh my god guys! Your new single 'Another Life' is number two on the charts!!!" Darcy squealed in joy.

"That's great." Zach said.

"Sammy Jade's 'Firestarter' is probably on number one." Julian said.

"Nope. It's third." Darcy said.

"What? Really?" Trent said in surprise and she nodded.

"Then... Whose song is on the number one?" Jayden asked carefully.

"Well, there's this new singer called 'Nica Thompson' and she released her first single was Concrete Angel just a month before you guys released AL. It sold 5 million copies all over the world." She informed them.

"Thompson?!" William burst out.

"Yeah... Thompson. T-H-O-M-P-S-O-N. What's wrong with her surname?" Jayden said.

"Duh?! Thompson! THOMPSON! Ring a bell, guys?!" William said with a hint of excitement in his voice then their faces suddenly lit up.

"Yeah!!! NICOLE!" All of them answered except for Jayden who just sat on the chair, looking at them with a hard and bitter expression on his face.

"So she finally achieved her dream of becoming a singer!" Julian said with a cute smile on his face and his blue eyes even got brighter blue.

"Confirmed." Zach said as he checked the ARIA charts on his iPad. "Nica Thompson's Concrete Angel is on number one."

Trent looked at Jayden and saw his sad and bitter expression. Their eyes met, "What?" Jayden asked snobbily then he rolled his eyes and stood up from his seat. "Are you all just gonna stand there, checking that song of Nica or are you gonna rehearse?"

Zach shut the case of his iPad and put it in his bag and then they all went in the recording area to practice their songs.

**

Jayden sat top of their roof while thinking of Nicole. What happened three years ago between them was just too much to forget in a click.

"You're thinking about Nicole again, aye?" Trent said as he sat beside him.

"Trent, what if I begged Nicole that day not to break up with me and not to quit the band? Do you think maybe she's still here? With us? With me?" Jayden said then tears came out from his brown eyes.

"Jayden..."

"Trent, I love her. I'm still in love with her. And everyday, I have to put up with the fact that she's already gone and I'm hurting everyday!"

"Jayden, everything happens for a reason. And if the two of you are really meant to be, then love will find a way to let you meet again."

Then Trent pulled him in for a hug as Jayden bawled his eyes out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 votes for the next one!!!

~TCforever22~