•39•

-39-

The doorbell dinged repeatedly at Nicole's house at 7 o'clock in the morning. "Who the hell is this?" Nicole grumbled while rubbing her eyes as she went to the door. She opened it and saw Phoebe by the door, holding a newspaper on her hands.

"OH MY GOSH BESTIE!!! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!!!" Phoebe squealed excitedly as she jumped up and down at Nicole's doorstep. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"

"Tell you what?" Nicole asked, half-asleep.

"That you're getting married, you genius!" She exclaimed.

"What?"

"You're getting married! Here! Look!!!"

Then she gave her the newspaper. Nicole started to read the front page article and her eyes widened in surprise. She didn't expect that the wedding issue of her and Mark would be out on the front page the next morning.

"Hey babe!" Mark greeted her as he walked up to her. She glared at him, "WE NEED TO TALK." She said firmly.

**

"Morning...." Trent greeted the other boys as he sat down with them at breakfast.

"Morning." William, Zach and Jayden replied back.

"OH MY GOD!!! GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! OI! OI! OI!" Julian shouted around the room as he ran to the dinning table where the other boys were.

"Jesus Julian, it's still early." William grumbled. "Pipe down."

"Sorry. But guys, you really need to see this!" Julian said as he gave to him the newspaper and they all gathered around him except for Jayden who remained on his seat and continued to devour his hotdog and fried rice.

"International singing sensation, Nica Thompson... ENGAGED." William read out the headline and they all looked at Jayden who just concentrated on eating his breakfast. Zach nudged William's rib, meaning that he should continue reading it.

"The Australian singer Nica Thompson came to the party launch of her new single with The Collective last night in her long, white dress with a glittering silver belt on her waist and... According to our reliable source that the said singer was found wearing a 24-carat diamond engagement ring on her left fourth finger. One of our journalists had spoken to Mark Williams, Nica's boyfriend and confirmed that they are finally getting married after three years." William finished reading and then Jayden suddenly stood up and went into his room upstairs and threw out the pain and anger in his heart by throwing his things inside his room while crying his heart out.

He couldn't accept the fact that the girl that he loves is getting married to another man. Suddenly, someone knocked on his door. The door suddenly opened and Trent rushed in to stop him from throwing things around.

"Jayden, stop! STOP!" Trent said. "STOP!" And Jayden finally gave up and broke down on the floor while crying. Meanwhile, Julian, William and Zach just stood by the door, helplessly watching their bandmate suffer from a heartache.

"Moping around wouldn't do any good Jayden! Nicole's getting married and you can't change that no matter how many buckets of tears you cry because of that!" Trent said. "And you're not the only one who's hurting here, you know! Even us! Me, William, Julian and Zach! We're all hurting deep inside because we know how much you love her and just saddens each of us to know that you're falling apart because she's with another man now and that she's getting married... All you can do is to be happy for her. Am I right, Jayden Thomas Sierra?" Then he lifted his chin up so that their eyes would meet.

"Answer me Jayden." He said firmly. Jayden nodded and hugged him. The other guys came in and joined in their group hug.

**

"Well, I'm sorry! Okay! I'm sorry! I didn't know that that was a journalist in disguise! I'm sorry! I didn't know!" Mark said and Nicole just sighed. "Alright. I forgive you. It's just that... I don't want the public to go crazy about our marriage like they did when they found out that we're dating." Nicole said.

"You don't want them to go crazy about our wedding or you just don't want Jayden to get hurt?" He said.

She glared at him, "And how did Jayden get into this?" she asked.

"I don't know. Maybe you just agreed to marry me just to forget him."

"Is that how low you think of me, huh?! That I'm just using you to forget my goddamn ex-boyfriend?! Mark, we've been going out for three years and you think that I still don't love you?! Tell me Mark, would we be on our third year if I didn't love you with all my heart?"

"Alright... I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Then Mark pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead.

"Um... I gotta go now. Have to got a photoshoot today at the studio. See ya guys at your wedding!" Phoebe said then she immediately left.

**

Jayden went to the studio alone that same day and sat in front of the piano and started playing it and eventually burst into a song.

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now

Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same

When our friends talk about you all it does is just tear me down

'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

It all just sound like ooohh... ooohh... ooohh...

Hmm... Too young too dumb to realize

That I should've bought you flowers and held your hand

Should've given you all my hours when I had the chance

Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance

Now my baby is dancing, but she's dancing with another man

Uh, my pride my ego and my selfish ways

Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life

Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made... Ohh...

And it haunts me every time I close my eyes...

It all just sound like ooohh...ooohh... ooohh...

Hmm... Too young too dumb to realize

That I should've bought you flowers and held your hand

Should've given you all my hours when I had the chance

Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance

Now my baby is dancing but she's dancing with another man

Although it hurts, I'll be the first to say that I was wrong........

Oh I know I'm probably much too late to try and apologize for my mistakes but I just want you to know......

I hope he buys you flowers...

I hope he holds your hand...

Give you all his hours, when he has the chance

Take you to every party 'cause I remember how much you love to dance

Do all the things I should've done

When I was your man...

Do all the things I should have done

When I was your man...

And then, he started crying again after that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 votes and 2 comments for the next one!

We're nearing to the story's end!

By the way, I've published the prologue of my new fanfic called FIVE MEN AND A BABY. Please check it out if you have not seen it yet.

~TCforever22~