•37•

It was a rainy day in Sydney and everyone was pretty upset about the weather. Freezing cold. Harsh wind. Heavy rain. Well, who wouldn't be upset about that?

"Fucking rainy days." Nicole cursed as she entered the warm studio. "Hate rainy days." Then she heard someone cleared their throat. She looked up and saw Jayden and he was all alone. On his hands was the notebook that she left yesterday.

"Uh... Jayden..." She mumbled and then he walked towards her and gave her the notebook.

"You left it last night." He said. "Um... So... I took the opportunity to polish off the bridge and... Re-write the whole song."

She tried to smile casually, "Oh. Okay. Thanks Jayden." She said then she walked to the keyboard. "Where are the other guys?"

"They said that they're gonna be late." He said as he stood on her right side. She just nodded, "Do you mind if we practice the song while waiting for them?" she asked. He nodded and sat beside her and they both sang their newly composed song. After they sang it, there was an awkward silence between them.

"Um... Jayden, why did you say that last night to Mark? I mean, why did you cover up my lie?" Nicole asked, looking down at the black and white keys on the keyboard.

"Because I love you." Jayden said as he looked at her. She lifted her head up and looked at his brown bubbly eyes and like the first time, they both got lost in each other's eyes.

"I can see that you're doing fine with him. You're happy with him already so why would I still try to to bother you?" He continued.

Nicole just looked at him and said nothing.

"And besides... I'm happy as long as you are. And I will love you forever and always." He added then he smiled.

**

My baby I'm so thankful I found you...

You...

You...

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude my baby I'm so thankful I found you....

"And we have a hit!" They all cheered.

"Okay... So I guess I'll see you guys at the launching of our new single!" Nicole said as she waved at them. "Bye!!!"

"Bye." They all said to her then she went out of the studio. When she was already at the ground level, she saw Mark coming in through the door.

"You're already here." She said as she kissed him on the cheek and like before, no sparks were felt.

"Yeah. I was just about to pick you up from the studio." Mark said. "Hey, wanna grab a bite?"

"Sure." She said. "I'm starving."

While at the restaurant, they chatted about how their day went and both of their days went well.

"Um... Mark, about the marriage..." Nicole said.

"It's okay Nicole. I can wait. I just want to make sure that you're ready." Mark said.

"No... What I'm trying to say is... Yes." Nicole said. "I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." Mark's eyes widened in surprise, "Really?!" He said in astonishment and she nodded while smiling shyly. He laughed and cheered and then he pulled out the little red box and got the ring out from it and put it on her finger.

They hugged and Nicole thought that this is probably the best way to forget Jayden...

To marry Mark.