•12•

Nicole stared out of the window of the airplane, wondering what would she first do once she sees her father back in Perth. She admitted to herself that she really loves her father but for the pain that she had caused them in their family just makes her want to slap him, swear across his face and let him die alone in misery and loneliness.

She's not the rebel type, though. Even though her mom and dad divorced, she didn't change. She didn't let it affect her and she thought it hadn't really affected her but it had in a little way.

"Nicole, it's gonna be okay." Jayden said as he sat across her. (A/N: They're in a private plane)

She just smiled weakly and he saw nothing but grief and pain in her blue eyes. And the bubbliness in them just seemed to disappear all of a sudden.

He got out his guitar and played a few chords then he started to sing.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea

I'll sail the world to find you

And if you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see

I'll be the light to guide you

Find out what we're made of

What we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like one, two, three

I'll be there

And I know when I need it

You can count on me like four, three, two

I'll be there

Coz that's what friends are supposed to do oh yeah...

Oohh... Oohh...

Yeah yeah

If you toss and you turn and you just can't fall asleep...

I'll sing a song beside you

And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me

Everyday I will remind you...

Ohh

Find out what we're made of

What we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like one, two, three

I'll be there

And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two

And you'll be there

Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Wooooh, Woooh

Yeah Yeah

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry

I'll never let go

Never say goodbye

You... Oh You can count on me like one, two, three

I'll be there

And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two

And you'll be there

Cause that's what friends are supposed to do oh yeah...

Woooooh, Woooooh

You can count on me cause I can count on you....

Jayden looked up at her only to find her smiling as tears came out from her blue eyes. "Nicole, are you alright?" He asked her. Nicole nodded and then she sat beside him and hugged him tight. "Thank you Jayden... Thank you." She said. He smiled to himself, placed his guitar down and hugged her back.

Meanwhile, Trent saw the two of them from a distance and couldn't help but to feel pain and jealousy crept up inside his heart. "Trent, are you alright?" Zach asked him.

"Huh? Yeah. I'm okay." Trent replied as he returned his stare at the two of them. Zach followed his stare and said, "Don't tell me that you're jealous?"

"I didn't say that Zach." He said flatly.

"Yeah right." He replied then went back to his seat.

**

When their plane had landed at the airport, Nicole didn't have the enthusiasm of getting off the plane. She hadn't expected of this. She didn't want to come back in Perth just because of a terrible news.

"Nicole, we're here." Trent said to her.

"I know." Nicole said quietly as she continued to stare out of the window.

"We have to get off now." He said.

"For god's sake! I know that Trent! I'm not stupid!!!" She outraged as she hastily removed her seatbelt and pushed her way past him and got her back pack.

"Okay... First, I didn't say that. Second, why are you so mean?! What did I ever do wrong to you?!"

"Trent, will you just shut up?! Just shut up! I've had enough shit yesterday and today so please!!! Don't add to it!"

Then she pushed him and started to walk off the exit of the plane.

**

They all piled out of the airport and they were welcomed by Nikki (22), Nicole's half-sister, at the arrival area. Nikki and Nicole weren't that much close because they are jealous of each other.

"Nikki..." Nicole said. "I didn't expect you to come here."

"I only came here for dad." Nikki replied with a rueful expression. "He wants to see you. It's his wish. I don't know why he still wishes to see you."

"Hi... I'm Julian." Julian introduced himself to Nikki. She looked at him, "Nikki Thompson." She said as she smiled then her smile quickly turned into a frown as she looked back to Nicole and the others, "Follow me guys so we can already load your stuff in my car." she said.

They followed her towards her car and Julian and Zach started loading their bags into her car. When they finished, they all went in the car and drove away.

"So... You're Nicole's sister." Julian asked.

"Half-sister." Nikki corrected him. Nicole just rolled her eyes and let out a desperate sigh.

"Are you sure that she's your half-sister?" William whispered to Nicole. She looked at him, "Yeah. Why?" She whispered back.

"Then why is she a bitch?" He asked and they both laughed that made them earn a questioning look from Nikki from the rear view mirror.

"Is there anything funny?" Nikki asked like a snobby little girl.

"It's none of your business Nikki." Nicole shot back while smiling cleverly and Nikki could feel her face grew hot for she knew that she had been embarrassed by her remark. She just rolled her eyes and continued to drive.

Nicole looked out of the window and thought to herself that this would be one hell of a long ride.