•24•

Just give me a reason

Just a little bit's enough

Just a second we're not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again...

It's in the stars

It's been written in the scars on our hearts

We're not broken just bent

And we can learn to love again....

Oh... Can learn to love again...

Oh... Whoa... Learn to love again

"Nicole?" Jayden said as he knocked on her door. "Come in." Nicole said then she stopped the music on her iPad and closed the lid off its case.

"Are you ready? We've got rehearsals today so we shouldn't be late at all. Top it up with the fact that the performance's on Friday." He said when he came in.

"Yep." She replied as she got her duffel bag and iPad then stormed out of the room with Jayden.

"Nicole?"

She turned around, "Yes?" she said.

"Are you alright?" He asked her as he put his arm around her. She sighed and looked down, "After what happened last night? I don't think so." She replied.

"Nicole..."

"What now Jaydo?"

Suddenly, he lifted her chin up and gave her a passionate kiss.

"I'll always be here to protect and love you so you have nothing to be afraid of." He said.

"Thank you Jayden." She replied and then hugged him and he hugged her back as tight as he could, like he never wanted to let her go.

Suddenly, someone cleared his throat and when they turned around they both saw William, Trent, Zach and Julian, standing behind them, watching awkwardly.

"You guys make me jealous." Zach said. "I really miss Kat."

"Um... Are you guys ready? We still have rehearsals!" William said.

Jayden and Nicole both nodded and then they already left.

"We found love in a hopeless place..." The five boys sang while in their limo, provided by their manager. "We found love in a hopeless place..."

"Guys, pipe down. We all don't want to lose your voices right?" Darcy said to them.

"We're just vocalizing Darcy." Trent said.

"Yeah Darcy. Don't be such a party-pooper!" William said.

"I am not a party-pooper Will. I'm just concerned about your voices, guys. I don't want you to overuse your voices." She defended.

"Aw... Little Darcy's concerned." William said cheekily.

"Of course! Australia would be incomplete without you guys!"

"So does that mean that you're concerned about me as well?"

"Of course! W-Wait! No! Ugh! I mean yes! I'm concerned about your career! Duh!?"

The others laughed at the two of them for their 'couple-like' fight.

They spent half of their day rehearsing in the recording studio and then at the dance studio.

"Okay. Well done. Let's take a break." Trent said and they all scrambled off to drink water from their own water bottles. Nicole checked her phone and saw a missed call from a private number. Suddenly, her phone rang again. She answered it.

"Hello?" Nicole answered.

"Your career would be over at Friday." The unknown caller said.

"What? What do you mean?!" She asked, raising her voice, causing the other guys to turn and look at her worriedly. "Who are you?! Tell me!"

"I am Haley and I would do anything to pry you away from my boys!"

"Haley, why are you doing this?!"

"I thought you already know? Ha! Oh well... Money and fame can really make you dumb, aye?"

Then Haley laughed sinisterly.

"See you on Friday Nicole Thompson and prepare to say your last words in front of your fans."

Then she hang up. Nicole dropped her phone while shaking so badly. She turned around and saw the boys looking at her and she just burst into tears and then Jayden rushed to her and hugged her.

"It's coming true Jayden... My nightmare's coming true!" She sobbed.

"Hush now Nicole..." Jayden said. "We'll do anything to make sure that your nightmare wouldn't happen in real life."

"We're here for you." Trent said.

Then a few seconds later, they formed a group hug and Nicole felt safer.

"I swear, if I ever find that Haley at our concert, I'm gonna rip her head off for threatening to kill Nicole." William said.

"You don't need to be violent you know." Zach said.

"Zach, I'm only joking." He said.

"Thanks guys. Thank you for being there for me always." Nicole said. "A big thanks to all of you."

"So shall we start rehearsing again?" Trent said as he pulled away from the group hug. They all mumbled 'yes' and then they started rehearsing again but Nicole's still worried. She's thinking what if she goes through the checkpoint that the event manager had set up? And that thought didn't leave her mind when she lied in her bed and it's not letting her sleep.

So she stood up and went to Jayden's room.

"Jayden, are you asleep?" She asked by the door. The door opened, "Let me guess, you can't sleep because of what happened, can you?" Jayden said. She just nodded.

"Come with me." He said as he pulled her to the terrace. He then started to climb up to the roof through the emergency ladder.Nicole looked at her, in doubt whether she would follow him or not.

"C'mon. It's not that hard." He said and she started to climb and eventually reached the roof.

"So... What are we doing here?" She asked him.

He laid his back on the cold surface of the roof, "I used to stargaze when my heart is filled with doubt and fear." He said.

"Why?"

"Because I believe that my star is just watching over me and that that certain star would lead me to the right path."

Nicole lied down too beside him and looked up into the starry night sky. Suddenly, they both saw a shooting star.

"A shooting star! Quick! Let's make a wish!" Nicole said then they both closed their eyes for a moment then they opened their eyes again.

"What did you wish for Nicole?"

"I wished that all of these mess would be over... And I also wished that we would be together 'til the end."

"Same thing. And I also wished that whoever that Haley person is, I hope that she'd sprain both of her ankles so that she couldn't come to our gig and hurt you."

Then he shifted himself closer to her and kissed her passionately and in return, Nicole kissed him back too.

"I love you Jayden."

"I love you too Nicole."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this chapter is short. I'll try to upload a chapter this Thursday that's a little bit longer. Anyway, I still hope that you've enjoyed this chapter.

Much love,

~TCforever22~