•13•

Along the way, Nikki and Julian chatted and whenever the topic would turn to Nicole, she would just roll her eyes and shut her mouth up.

After a few hours of driving, they already reached the private hospital where Nicole's and Nikki's dad was confined.

"What's wrong?" Jayden asked Nicole for she stopped dead on track. "I don't wanna do this Jayden." Nicole said. "I don't wanna see him. I'm not yet ready."

"Will you stop chickening out? You're already 17 years old, for crying out loud!" Nikki said.

"You're just saying that because you don't understand how I feel Nikki!" she outraged. "Dad chose you and your mom over us so you don't get how I feel when he left us for the two of you!"

"For your information, my Mom is the legal wife of Dad so of course it's just right that he comes back to us... And if he ever did come back to us, it just means that he loves us more than you and your mom who's a slut!"

Then in an instant, Nicole slapped Nikki on her left cheek and the other guys quickly took hold on both of them before anything worse happens. "Don't you dare to call my mother a slut." Nicole hissed. "You don't know what she went through with Dad ages ago."

"Enough." Trent said firmly. "We're all here to visit your father so please... Stop fighting." Nicole rolled her eyes and so did Nikki. "I really don't know why did I ever agree to dad's wish to see you." Nikki said.

"Neither did I. I don't know why did I ever bother to come here." Nicole said and with that, she walked off. Trent followed her.

"Nicole!" Trent called out to her but she didn't turn around.

"Nicole!" He called out again but she still didn't turn around. In desperation, he pulled her by her wrist.

"What is wrong with you?!" Trent said to her. "Don't you want to see your father?"

"NO." Nicole said firmly. "And I'll never ever shed a single tear for him. NEVER." Then he let go of her. "You know what? I can't recognize you anymore!" He said. "You've been as hard as a stone. Your heart's been cold as an ice!"

"Well Trent, this is really me! GET USED TO IT!" She yelled right across his face. "I'm not that 'oh-so-perfect' Nicole that you met!" Then he shook his head and walked away. Nicole turned around and burst into tears. Suddenly she felt someone tapped her shoulder and when she turned around, she saw Jayden.

"Jayden..." She sobbed and he engulfed her into a hug. Then they sat down on a black couch near the entrance.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Jayden asked. She didn't reply. "Okay then. But you would feel much better if you let it out." He added.

She sighed, "Okay... But promise me you won't tell anyone." she said.

"I promise." He said.

"Okay... This happened 5 years ago........" She started off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think happened to Nicole's family five years ago?

Hope you've all enjoyed this chapter and would continue to read it despite for its slow updates.

Do you guys like my Zach Russell fan fiction than this one??? Is this nothing compared to that? 'Cause I've noticed that my readers haven't been commenting at all these days. I just wanted to hear a feedback on all of you. A constructive criticism would be better. I love them for they motivate me to improve my writing.

I promise, I'll give a dedication for every comment.