•29•

"Say what?" Julian asked in whispering voice because he didn't want to wake the other boys up and hear their conversation.

"I'm quitting from the band Julian." Nicole said as tears came out from her blue eyes.

"Does Jayden know about this?" He asked and she shook her head as she sobbed quietly. "Oh my god Nicole... You have to tell him."

"I want to tell him but I'm so afraid that he won't understand."

"Then explain it to him Nicole. Wait a minute, why are you quitting the band anyway?"

She took a deep breath and then looked at him in the eye, "Mom wants to me to quit." she answered.

"Nicole, she can't ask you to quit. I mean, it's your life. It's your dream. It's your decision and she has to respect that." Julian said. "And the question here is... Do you really wanted to quit?" She lowered her gaze and shook her head no.

"See? Nicole, you are a big girl now. You don't have to depend on anyone about your decisions in your life."

She sighed then he placed his hand on top of her hand, "Anyway, the decision is still up to you. So if I were you, think carefully and decide wisely." He said.

She chuckled, "You know what? You're just the same age as me but you talk like you're older than me." She said and he laughed lightly. "But, thank you Julian. Thank you for listening. Though, can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Can you please not tell this to Jayden and to the other guys as well? I want to be the one to tell them about this."

He nodded and then he hugged her.

**

Tomorrow morning, they had their rehearsals again for their next gig. Halfway during their rehearsal, Christina visited them.

"Mom?" Nicole said when she saw her standing by the doorway, watching them.

"Let's take a break." Trent said as he stopped the music and then they all went to get their water bottles from their bags to have a drink.

"We need to have a proper talk. Just you and me." Christina said.

"Mom, I can't. We have rehearsals right now." Nicole said. "And if this is about me, quitting the band, then I cannot absolutely talk to you right now." Nicole said.

"Nicole, please understand. You're too young for this. You should be doing year twelve instead of this!"

Nicole rolled her eyes, "You know what? If you're just here to ruin my day, you better go now." She said.

"Is this about that boy?" She asked. "Is he the reason why you don't wanna quit from The Collective?"

Nicole fell silent because she knew to herself that it was true. "Nicole, do you really think that both of your relationship with him would last?! Nic, many girls admire him and sooner or later, he can find another girl to replace you." She continued.

"Are you saying that Jayden's a cheater?!" Nicole hissed and Christina fell silent. "Mom, you don't know anything about him so please! Don't judge him."

"Nicole..."

"Goodbye, mom."

Then Christina turned around and left. Nicole sighed and closed the door behind her. "Oh God, help me." She muttered to herself and went back towards them and continued the rehearsal.

**

That night, Nicole sat outside at the garden, thinking about what her mom is asking her to do--- quit from the band.

"What's wrong?" Jayden asked as he hugged her from behind.

"Jayden, what would you do if I quit from the band?" Nicole asked. He looked at her, confused and tightened his hug around her waist, "To be honest, I really don't know. I don't want to think about it." He said. "Why? Are you quitting?"

"Me? N-No. No." She said quietly. "Not a chance." Then she hugged him even tighter.

"Are you alright? You seem not to be yourself ever since yesterday."

"Yeah. I'm alright. Don't worry." Then she let go from his hug .

"Nicole, you know that I'm always here to listen."

"I'm fine Jaydo."

"No you're not. Tell me."

"My goodness Jayden! I told you I'm fine! How many times do I need to tell you that?!"

"Whoa! Whoa! You don't have to yell at me, okay?"

Nicole sighed desperately and then she walked off and went straight upstairs, into her room thinking whether she should quit from the band or not. She admitted to herself that she misses her home, her friends and her school back in Perth. She also misses doing the things that she used to do like shopping all by herself.

It wasn't long until her eyelids dropped and eventually dozed off, temporarily escaping her complicated situation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 votes again for the next one!!!

~TCforever22~