Desperate Situation

Alice

Hospital

They waited outside Professor Yoshimori's door. "Looks like it Isn't fatal. Now it's late, so everyone return home, " Gramps instructed tiredly. "What about you, Grandpa ?" Yugi asked. "Tonight I plan to stay away with him all night."

"But what's going on ? Kanekura-san and Professor Yoshimori. Two people on the Egypt excavation, " Anzu pointed after they were away from the Hospital. "It's obviously the curse ! The curse ! It's for harvesting from someone's grave without permission !" Jounouchi insisted.

"Miho is scared !" You sure about that ? You sound excited, She thought looking at the lavender haired girl. "Miho-chan, don't worry about anything,"Honda said still trying to impress his crush. "Where I'm from there are curses, " She finally spoke up. "There's no such thing as curses. Even if they existed, I'd risk my life to protect you," Honda continued, clearly he did not hear her.

What a moron, She thought. "With this hard head....he's more scary than any curse !" Jounouchi teased. "What was that ?!" Honda growled. "Cut it out ! Don't create a fuss in the street !" Anzu snapped. "Right, right," Honda and Jounoichi chorused.

All she could think was that man, Shadi. Glancing at Yugi and the puzzle discretely she then moved her eyes forward.

Next day

Something was wrong with Anzu, she was oddly quite and her eyes were orange, like a faded sunset. She just acted weird but boy did she enjoy it, Anzu was always a pain but she never brought that up. But something was up with that girl, she sensed someone or something else with Anzu.

After class she heard Yugi had gotten caught in a basket ball stampede at the stairs. Heading for the nurses office she saw Anzu strangling Yugi with her bare hands. Rushing over she rammed into the girl and freed poor unconscious Yugi. Before long she and Anzu were on the floor struggling as the girl tried to strangle her.

When the door opened to reveal Miho and the others. "What are you doing ?!" Jounouchi shouted in surprise. "Show me your true power ! I do this so I can finish things with you !" It was a man's voice, not Anzu's. With that the puppet girl ran off. "What's up with Anzu ?" Jounouchi asked before he checked on Yugi.

After Yugi said he was alright did they run all over the school searching for Anzu. "Find her ?" Yugi asked as they met up. "Nope. Haven't seen her," Honda replied. "Hey...What was with Anzu's voice ?" Miho asked terrified. "The curse ! That's definitely that Egyptian Curse !"

No, it's Shadi, She thought while the others seemed to believe Jounouchi. They split up once again after a dramatic pause she had not noticed deep in thought this time while Yugi was to busy searching for a brain washed Anzu did she let out Misdreavus and Spritzee to keep an eye on things.

Spritzee flew off while Misdreavus stayed with her. "Anzu !" Yugi called out as he ran up the stairs to the rooftop. Running after him she caught up quickly while Misdreavus flew up and went through the ceiling.

Right ahead of Yugi she saw Anzu on a plank, if she took one more step forward she'd become splat. "I've been trying to push you to draw out the other you....but it seems you won't appear for me," Shadi said with a sad expression. "What are you talking about ?" Yugi asked still unaware of the ancient Pharaoh residing in the puzzle.

"So I can meet the other Yugi...I'll use another method. Listen Yugi, that girl is my puppet. At my orders, She will do anything. " I knew it ! Thinking back at the greedy Art Dealer and the Professor, Shadi must have used his Millennium Items on them.