Digital Pet Rebellion

Alice

"So today's Japan Economy is growing in the world," The teacher droned. Tuning out the teacher she cared for her Digital Pet Namid. She was so cute. She looked like a Buneary with her cream and chocolate fluffy fur.

Reaching to feed Namid she stopped as a loud and familiar beep was heard. "I'm telling you not to do it during class !" The teacher yelled at Jounouchi. She fed Namid quickly before shutting off the game and hiding it.

After class

"Stupid. Why didn't you turn it off ?" Anzu asked. "It won't grow if the switch is off ! I want it to hurry up and grow !" Jounouchi defended. Going back to caring for Namid she brought out her cream and chocolate console. She heard the door open but did not bother to look up.

"What a waste ! To waste time on that....Truly what a waste of youth ! Useless ! Depravity !" Honda shouted as he walked over to them. What a old geezer, She thought as she cleaned Namid. "You don't have to say that !" She yelled. "Yeah, this is fun," Yugi added.

"No. I have no interest."

"You mean you couldn't get one, right Honda ? It's sold out everywhere," The blonde pointed out. Glad I'm staying at a Game Shop. Right on cue Honda went on about being a Beatification Member which she did tune him out. If she heard the entire stupid speech she'd go crazy.

"Good morning !" Miho greeted. Looking up at the lavender haired girl she pointed out,"What do you mean by Morning ? Second period is over." Smiling Miho brought out her own Digital Pet. "Well...it's hard to take care of her. She also slept late last night !"

Miho's Pet was a mini version of it's owner, to the hair and even down to the ribbon. Even their expressions matched.

"So your doing it too Miho ?" Yugi asked. Happily nodding her head. "I definitely want to go to Australia !" This got everyone to repeat,"Australia ?" Miho then brought out a poster and explained that there was a competition. "So that's why Jounouchi is so desperate to make his pet grow," I commented.

"Well, I couldn't go on a foreign trip without this device !" He pointed out.

"But Miho is tired...."Miho mumbled tiredly. "I wonder if their is someone who can raise my pet for me so that it can win the prize for me ? And the Australia trip is for a pair," Miho added. "Just leave it to me, Miho !" Honda started but she ignored him by caring for Namid.

Later

"Taking the day off to raise a child," The teacher read out loud. Honda had left in the middle of the day and had left the note. "What is this supposed to mean !?" The teacher demanded but they all looked awkwardly away. Well except Miho who smiled.

"It can't be..." Jounouchi began. "He would, wouldn't he ?" What a simple minded idiot, She added. He probably thought Miho would invite him to go to Australia. What a perv, She added in disgust.

Two days later

Honda still had not shown up at school.

Next day

As Yugi fed Yu-2 Miho commented,"How cute ! It's eating !" Smiling Yugi replied,"I call him Yu-2." Yu-2 resembled his owner well since they both had the same hair and docile nature. "Mine is pretty good too," Anzu said as she brought her red one. It was a plum pet with a bow.

Nodding I brought out mine. "I'm proud of my Namid." (Meaning Star Dancer) "Alice and Anzu's pets are so cute !" Miho agreed. "I call her Sumomo." (Japanese Plum)