First Engineer x Child

A/N

Requested by: @XXThe_Light_DeityXx

Thanks for the request! I hope you like it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s P.O.V:

I ran as fast as I could with tears streaming down my face. I was scared that Phil would come and hurt me again. He was angry. I ran and ran and ran until I couldn't anymore. Now I have no idea where I am. I walked along until I could hear gunshots. I walked over and saw a large fence. I looked around, inspecting the fence. Then I saw a hole, just big enough for me to squeeze through. I hurried over, and crawled through. The rough wood scraped my back, making me squeak. I wiped a tear from my eye. When I got inside the fence, I saw a building. I walked up to it, and went inside the opening.

I could hear shouting and shooting, but I didn't see anyone. There was a room to go in, but I heard something behind me. I turned around, and a tall man in blue clothes ran towards me holding a gun. I gasped, and covered my face. Something suddenly grabbed me and pulled me into them. I opened my eyes, and I was being held into someone's warm chest. It felt so comfy! I looked up.

A man in red was holding me to him. He seemed surprised. He was wearing overalls, goggles, one yellow glove with a gray stripe, and he had a yellow hard hat. He must be a builder! The guy let out a sigh of relief, and then held me out. He looked me up and down, and then set me on the ground.

"Phew. Good thing I was there or that BLU Scout woulda run ya over."He talked weird. "Are yall alright darlin'?"He asked. I nodded. "Good. Who are you? Where did you come from?"

"My name is (Y/N). I came from the town. Who are you?"

"I'm Engineer. Yall can call me Engie."

"You talk funny."Engie chuckled.

"That's just my accent sweetie. I'm from Texas."

"Whoa. Are you a construction worker?"I asked. He laughed.

"No."

"Oh. I like you."I said, because I do.

"And I like you little one."He ruffled my hair and I giggled. "So where's yer mom and dad?"He asked.

"I don't know."I answered.

"Don't yall have someone to take care of you?"

"No. I live all by myself. Phil sometimes tries to take care of me, but he hurts me."

"Oh.... Do you live anywhere?"

"I live in the town, in an alley."

"Oh...."He looked around for a moment, and then smiled. I shivered from a cold draft. "Are yall alright?"He asked.

"Mhm. Just cold."He smiled sympathetically, and then gave me a hug.

"Come here darlin'. I'll keep ya warm. Tell ya what, how 'boutchyou stay here wi' me fer a while. Sound good?"I nodded.

"Mhm."

"Alright. Come on. I'll carry ya. Ya must be tired."I yawned and nodded.

Engie picked me up and held me tightly to him. I hugged his neck and wrapped my legs around him. He began walking further into the building. I rested my head on his shoulder, and soon closed my eyes since I was tired. The 'ride' was a bit bumpy from his walking. Soon though he stopped and I heard somebody gasp. I could also hear beeping from something. I also realized my back still stung.

"Engineer! Who is she?"I heard a man with another funny accent ask.

"A little girl named (Y/N). Could ya make sure she's alright?"

"Vhere did she come from? Vhere did you find her? Vhy is she here?"

"Give her a check up and I'll explain."

Engie set me down on a desk that had a red briefcase on top. The man with the weird accent had black hair, small glasses, and a lab coat. He must be a doctor. Engie answered the man's questions while he checked me. He saw my back, and took out this weird black thing. When he turned it on, and a red ray engulfed me and I felt all warm and happy. It felt really nice.

"Zhere. Zhats better."

"You talk funny too."The man laughed.

"Zhats because I'm German Kleines."

"I'm not Kleines. I'm (Y/N)."The man laughed.

"I know. Kleines is German for 'little one'. My name is Medic."

"Oh. Hi Medic."I yawned, my eyes becoming droopy.

"Are ya sleepy?"Engie asked. I nodded.

"Mhm."I responded slowly.

"Oh no. Vhat vill Soldier and zhe ozhers say?"Engie shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't care. I'm gonna let this poor thing stay here. Look how small she is, how young, she doesn't have anyone to take care of her and the one who 'tries'... isn't taking care of her he's... you know."

"Ja... True. Vhere vill she sleep?"

"Uh... She could sleep in my bed. I'll just sleep on the couch."

"Okay. You're going to have to vait until zhe battle is over."

"That's alright. I don't really do much anyway."They both chuckled. "Come on sweetie."

Medic helped me down off of the desk. Engie held his hand out to me. I held his hand as he led me over to a weird beeping machine, and a box thing. There was a chair there. Engie sat down on it and patted his lap. I gladly cuddled up with him. I closed my eyes, and soon fell asleep in the comfort of his arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Did you like the story? Let me know what you thought in the comments! Also, make sure to send in some requests and I'll try my best to fulfill them! I do all kinds! Also, let me know if you want me to continue this. Make sure to sure to check out my other stories. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed. Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeee!