EPILOGUE

Months had passed since Mordred had tried to take over Albion under his pseudonym 'Lord Aragon'. And Alia had been right when she said he had a good heart. When Mordred awoke from his sleep, he was very weak. But with Alia caring for him he soon regained his strength. The two Druids found they had more in common that they thought and soon grew quite close.

Every so often, Merlin would stop by to help and talk to Mordred. He was hard at work once more, running errands for the King, helping Alia care for Mordred and continuing to study magic.

And as time past, Merlin's distrust for Mordred evaporated and they became good friends. They too found common ground, discussing dragons, the old religion and magic for hours at a time. Sometimes Alia would join them and chip in to their discussions with her now very extensive knowledge of healing. For in the few weeks after the attack, Gaius had decided to step down from his post as court physician and move to a small cottage on the outskirts of the village. As soon as Gaius had told the King, Arthur had called Alia to him and offered her the position, which she gladly accepted. Often, Gaius would visit the palace and teach the young healer everything he knew and now, combined with her extensive expertise on magical healing, she became known as the best healer in Albion.

Arthur too, made the occasional visit to the physicians quarters. At first neither of the two men felt comfortable around each other. They were both plagued by gilt about the past. So, the two men agreed to leave it all behind them and start anew. And after a couple of weeks, when Mordred had grown stronger again, he had shyly asked if he may join the knights for training again and of course Arthur had happily consented. After a while, when everyone had had grown used to Mordred being around and it felt like he was part of it all, Arthur had reinstated the warlock's knighthood.

And so peace retuned to the land of Albion. Camelot was stronger that ever and the kingdom blossomed under Arthur's reign. Magic was now everywhere but it was only ever used for good. No one had to live in fear anymore and all the land rejoiced.

Arthur became a hero, Merlin a legend, Alia the greatest healer ever known and Mordred, let's just say that Mordred found happiness again and he never let it go.

A/N: So that's it! I really hope you like it! It was my first go at writing and if you have any tips or suggestions please just let me know! Thank you so much for reading!