~C h a p t e r 18~

-Halie-

Once we arrived at Louis' house, we all flopped down somewhere in the living room, making ourselves comfortable. Niall found some crisps and started obnoxiously munching on them. 

"What are we doing today?" Zayn spoke up as he was trying a desperate attempt to braid Harry's hair. 

"I have to work from 1 to 6 tonight," I told them, and they all groaned to my surprise. "You guys really can't live without me can you?" 

"Well I know I can't," Louis commented, swinging an arm around my shoulders. Sighing, I laid my head on Lou's shoulders, but instantly glanced at Harry, knowing he was probably sending Louis a pointless death glare. Oh look, I'm right. I looked at my clock on my phone, groaning when I realized I only had an hour until I had work. 

"What can we do for an hour?" I asked. Harry sent me a wink and smirked. 

"I know what we can do for an hour," He responded, being perverted in my opinion. I rolled my eyes and scooted closer to Louis, hiding my face in his shirt. 

"Harry's scaring me Louis," I mumbled playfully, and Louis patted my back.

"It's okay Hales, I'll keep you away from big bad Harry over there." I giggled and I knew Harry was going ballistic over this. I was too scared to see his face. God do I love teasing him. Knowing Harry would follow right behind me if I went upstairs, I climbed off Lou's lap and skipped to the stair case and walked upstairs to my room. I smiled when I heard footsteps running up the stairs and catcalls from downstairs. I giggled and tried to get into my room and lock the door before Harry could catch me, but I was too late. He lightly pressed my against the wall and I finally met his gaze. 

"You like doing that don't you," He growled, and I smiled sheepishly up at him. 

"Who knew Harry Styles was overly possessive?" I shot back, causing him to ease up a bit. 

"Well, you need to be punished you know." 

"If you mean kinky punishment, I'm not up for that sh-"

Harry let out a burst of laughter, his eyes twinkling and his smile wide. "Halie you never seize to amaze me you know."

"I'm just a funny person I guess," I replied, and he guided me into my room. Laying me on the bed, he climbed on top of me, but instead of going in on a heated kiss, he bear hugged me, wrapping his arms around my back and nuzzling his face into my shoulder.

"I should piss you off more often, you turn into Mr. Cuddle Bug don't you?" He nodded and I laughed lightly, brushing my hands through his curls. "Are you falling asleep on me Harry?" I giggled, and he nodded, grumbling something under his breath. "I don't have time for a nap silly. I have work soon..." 

"No don't leave me with them," Harry exclaimed, gesturing to the boys downstairs. I shook my head, laughing.

"There's nothing wrong with them. Hang out with them. Do something, then we can go to dinner again."

"Don't you work at a boutique down on Main Street? McKenzie's or something?" Rolling my eyes, I smiled, flicking him on the head.

"It's Melanie's stupid."

"Oh...well I suddenly need to go shopping so-"

"Oh no, you're not coming to disturb me at work. Don't even think about it." He burst out laughing again, and I instantly smiled at his perfect contagious laughter. It was so adorable and I just wanted to hear him laugh 24/7.  

"You never know, you might just be surprised." 

"Perfect."

***

3 hours into working, I was starving and tired. I texted Louis about going out to eat to which he gladly agreed, even suggesting if Nick could come. I could tell they were going to be best friends. 

I busily stocked new shirts that just came in, sliding them on hangers and putting them on the correct racks. The bell dinged signalling a new customer, and soon, loud voices were heard throughout the store. Oh God...

"Hales, you've got customers!" Chelsea called excitedly, and I sighed, wiping my hands on my black Capri's. I straightened out my blue Melanie's shirt and turned towards the commotion. 

"Hey beautiful," someone whispered in my ear, and it didn't take a genius to guess who it was. I turned around and smiled instantly, melting into Harry's arms. 

"Aww Halie in her work uniform at work!" Count on Louis to get excited at literally everything. He ran over to me, dramatically pulling me into a hug, and then everyone else came up to me and I was soon swallowed in five pairs of arms. Chuckling, I patted someone's back, trying to wriggle free.

"Guys, if I muck around at work I won't get paid," I piped up, and one by one they let go and I laughed. "Thank you. How old are we again?" Shaking my head, I busied myself by rearranging headbands on the clearance table, but instantly knew someone was following me. 

"You're so adorable when you work," He mused, and I giggled, rolling my eyes. 

"Why thank you Harry. Now let me get back to work before my boss-"

"Halie! You have friends here for you! What a surprise!" Groaning quietly, I shoved Harry off of me and turned toward Jules. 

"Hey Jules. The lads decided they wanted to go shopping at a girl store..." She laughed, setting her hand on my shoulder.

"I see that! Well, I'll have to put them to work then won't I?" I giggled and she smiled, leading me a little away from Harry and the lads. "Now, which one is he?" I stared at her shocked, how did she even guess? 

"Well...the curly headed one. He just asked me to be his girlfriend." Blushing at the thought, I gazed toward him and watched him muck around with Louis, holding up girly dresses to their bodies, bending over laughing. I couldn't help but giggle as well, and Julie chuckled under her breath. 

"He's a keeper," She commented, sending us into more fits of giggles. 

After a couple more hours my work shift ended, and I headed home with a staving stomach. I stepped through the house and found it surprisingly empty. Pulling out my phone, I cursed at myself for leaving it on silent. To my curiosity, all the lads called me at least 4 times and I received so many texts as well. Before I could check them though, I was getting an incoming call from Lou.

"Hey!" I said cheerfully through the phone. 

"Halie..." Louis whispered through the phone, and I was immediately terrified. "It's...Harry's in the hospital Halie."

____________________________

OMG CLIFF HANGER wut.

what happened to my harry omg I don't even know this isn't good.

VOTE FOR HARRY'S SAFETY