~C h a p t e r 8~

-Halie-

My phone vibrating eventually got me out of my sleeping state. Even though I went to bed at an earlier time than usual last night, I was still tired. Groggily, I grabbed my phone and smiled at the I.D.

Morning gorgeous. Hope you'll be ready soon, I'm picking you up in a few! XD xx

Oh shit, I totally forgot to set my alarm last night! As I rolled out of bed to take the quickest shower of my life, I noticed that there wasn't another body in bed. I took a whiff of air, and smiled. 

"I smell bacon!" I exclaimed. 

"And your senses are correct," Louis joked as I heard something sizzle. Checking the time, I gasped. 

"Shit, Harry's picking me up in 15 minutes!" I bounced from the island stool and ran to the bathroom, jumping in the shower and taking the quickest shower of my life. 10 minutes left.

Okay, outfits..what was the weather like out? I quickly stepped outside on the balcony, smiling. Perfect weather. Not to hot, and a slight breeze. Perfect. I ran back to the room and decide on a pair of white denim shorts and a cute layered sleeveless top. I let my almond colored hair dry wavy. Whenever I wore my hair down, it went to my mid back. I had pretty long hair. I plugged in my flat iron and it heated up instantly.I began to straighten the tips of my hair. My phone vibrated in my back pocket and I grabbed it, setting the flat iron down. 

On my way...up the elevator I guess (: 

I smiled, but then realized he was almost here. I slid some cash in my pocket along with my phone, shut off my flat iron and jogged to the front room, grabbing a couple pieces of bacon from the counter. 

"You look cute Hales," Lou commented, smiling. I blushed. 

"Thanks Lou. He's almost here, so-"

Knock Knock!

"And..he's here. Can you get the door for me Lou? I'm..all of a sudden not ready..." He laughed and messed up my hair. 

"Hey! I just got that to perfection!" Laughing, he walked out the door and swung it open. I remained on the couch, suddenly feeling really anxious. 

"Halie Marie Duncan! Your dashing young date is here!"

Damn you Louis...

"Coming!" I shouted, slipping on my purple flip flops. 

"Hey Hales, ready to go?" Harry asked once I met the guys at the door, interrupting him and Lou chatting. 

"Definitely. Bye Lou! Don't burn the hotel down!" I giggled when he playfully scowled at me, and Harry took my hand, making our way down to the main doors of the hotel. 

"So," I started once we started walking. "Where are we walking?" 

"Well, we can just walk around town for a bit, maybe grab some ice cream and chat," He responded sheepishly. I nudged his shoulder. 

"Sounds good!" Our arms were swinging as our hands stayed interlaced. 

***

"So, how are you liking X Factor?" I asked while we sat in a posh ice cream parlor, waiting for our number to be called. 

"Oh, it's really fun, just nerve-wracking, you know?" I nodded as he continued. "Like, I'm even surprised I'm still in. I feel like there's others who are way better than me." 

"I'm sure that's not true. Obviously you're still in for a reason. Plus, when I heard your voice all that time ago, it sounded amazing! Don't bring yourself down silly!" He averted his gaze as his cheeks turned a pinkish color.