~C h a p t e r 34~

Sorry about the boring-ness of this chapter, it's just a filler to lead up to bigger and better things! love you all xx

-Halie-

"I kind of assumed you forgot about me."

I laughed, because that was just the silliest thing I've ever head of. "Nick do you really think I can forget about you..."

"Well your guys are in town and I just figured you would want to pay more attention to them so that's why I haven't called you in a-"

"Nick!" I exclaimed, laughing and shoving Harry's curly head off my stomach. I stood up and stretched. "Just shut up, because One Direction will never come in the way of our amazing friendship." Harry made a disapproving noise, and I ignored him. Hearing Nick's laugh made me smile. "Let's do something today. Are you working?" Harry crossed his arms over his chest like a child, obviously not thrilled with my choice of things to do today. Yet he has no idea how harmless Nick is. He should know, but he doesn't.

"Gee, I'm honored. The guys must have a meeting or something...?"

I chuckled sheepishly. "Yeah, they have to drive a little ways away for it though, but they'll be back tonight. And before you say anything, no I am not just asking to hang out just because they won't be here."

"Ya got me," Nick replied, chuckling. "I'd love to do something today. What do you have in mind?"

"I have no idea to be honest," I admitted, trying to think of good ideas for our plans today. Harry continued to stare at me with his puppy dog eyes and a pout, and I tried hard to focus on Nick and ignore Harry.

"Why don't we just go into the city and shop and stuff, eat lunch somewhere, walk around?" I brightened at his idea.

"Yeah that sounds great! I could use a shopping trip." I stuck my tongue out at Harry who seemed like he wanted to strangle Nick.

"I'll pick you up in an hour then?"

"Sounds good Nicky." I hung up after I heard his groan of annoyance at his nickname and I chuckled.

"Harry, would you really want me to stay home all day by myself with nothing to do?" I rolled my eyes at Harry who still had his shoulders slumped and his arms crossed.

"Yes," He replied stubbornly, and I rolled my eyes.

"Gee thanks love," I replied, stepping into my closet to find something to wear. "What time are you leaving for this meeting?"

"In about 20 minutes actually," He called from my bed. I heard him approaching my closet and he stepped inside. "I should probably head over to Lou's. I'll let you know when I'm on my way home okay? It might be late, so you don't have to wait up for me." He kissed me, sending chills down my back and I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen it. When he pulled away, he pressed a kiss to my forehead, giving me one of my favorite smiles.

"See you tonight babe."

"I love you," I called as he approached the bedroom door. He turned and flashed me a smile.

"Love you more." Once he was downstairs and I heard the door shut, I let out a sigh. Now I can finally think about what I should get him for Christmas. Christmas was right around the corner, and I haven't even thought about what I'm supposed to get him. I was always so bad at giving gifts.

I changed into some leggings and pulled a blue flannel over my white shirt. I pulled out my black Doc Martins from my closet and slipped them on, grabbing my purse to wait for Nick.

Nick came right on the dot, and I locked up the house and hopped in the passenger seat.

"Hey," I greeted, pressing a friendly kiss on his cheek. He pulled out of my driveway and sped down the street.