~C h a p t e r 13~

-Halie-

To say the car ride back to Lou's house was awkward was an understatement.

Harry sat in the front this time, leaving me to get squished in the back. By myself. I decided to head back home and spend some quality time with mum. I jumped out of the car and confronted Harry, wanting answers. Before I got a chance to speak, he brushed past me to catch up with Louis. I sighed in exasperation and took off to my own home, not bothering to say goodbye to anyone. I'll send everyone (excluding Harry) a text later. I have to go into work tomorrow, so I wanted to have dinner with mum and check in early for a fresh start in the morning.

"Hey mum, I'm home!" I called from the foyer, slipping off my Uggs and padding into the kitchen, where I could smell stir fry. 

"Are we having company for dinner sweet pea?" She asked me, giving me a quick peck on the cheek. I smiled sadly and shook my head. 

"Not tonight mum," I responded.

"Shame," She mumbled, going back to cooking. I decided to call my best friend and bother him.

"Halie Bear, you're giving me time of day! I'm flattered!" 

"Shut up Nicky, I give you time of day, I saw you this morning." He chuckled.

"I know cutie. So what's up? Why are you calling me instead of snogging your lover Harry?" I squeezed my eyes shut at the name.

"Yeah, about that..."

"You two are official?!"

I swear Nick, you sound like a gay best friend..."

"Just tell me what happened."

"Well, we went to the mall today and I went into this store by myself and Harry followed me and we started arguing then he said he wanted to come to terms with something then he kissed me and told me he felt something like he has all along then walked out and-"

"Bloody hell Halie. Slow. Down..." He muttered. I would've chuckled, but under the circumstances..."So he kissed you? Aren't you happy?"

"No I'm not. Well...I will admit I felt everything you can feel in a cliche kiss and it was brilliant...but the time and place and situation was what made it bad." 

"I see, and you haven't talked to him because you're A, pissed, or B, he's avoiding you."

"Damn you're good...I swear you need to become a mind reader or something."

"Honey, dinner is ready!" I heard mum call down the stairs.

"Well, which one is it?"

"B I guess..."

"Well just give him time to cool off. Talk to him tomorrow or something." He sighed. "On a brighter note, guess who found themselves an apartment!?"

"Hmm...lemme guess..Nick Preston!?" He chuckled. 

"Yes...I'm so excited about it. It's closer to Starbucks and in the awesome area. Richwood Heights Apartment Complex it's called."

"I'm happy for you Nick!"I responded, smiling. "If only I could find an apartment. I can't think of leaving mum." Nick was probably ecstatic to leave his house. He doesn't get along with his step dad. The stories he tells me are pretty sad.

"Well, you know how excited I am to get out of the house."

See?

"I guess I should start 'house hunting' or whatever they call it. I'll text you later Nicky, gotta go eat."