~C h a p t e r 19~

-Halie-

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, trying to stop my racing heart, because if it beats any faster or harder, I think I might throw up.

"Louis..." I breathed, grasping the counter top. Wh...what happened..." I grabbed my keys and bolted out the front door, trying to steady my phone between my shoulder and my ear as I unlocked my car and jumped in. "Louis?!"

"M' sorry Love, the nurse was talking to us. After we came home from Melanie's Harry claimed he needed to go out to buy something, and we all figured it was for you. He got in an accident on the way to where ever he was going and got sent to the hospital by ambulance." 

"Fucking hell..." I breathed, turning the key in the ignition. "Well is he awake now? I'm on the way to the hospital, Louis I'm so scared." Due to my adrenaline, I sped down the street and somehow made it to the hospital in 8 minutes flat. When I raced through the doors I was immediately engulfed in warm arms of my best friend, my dam broke and I sobbed into Louis' shoulder, clutching onto him for dear life, afraid something was going to happen to him too. 

"Breathe Hales, everything is going to be alright." Following Lou's instructions, I looked up and met his gaze. 

"Is he awake?" I asked softly, my voice coming out quiet. 

"Not since I've seen him last, which was right before I came down to meet you. The nurse said he should wake up any minute though, so we ought to go check on him now." I let out a semi-relieved sigh, taking Louis' hand as we made our way to where Harry was. 

When we reached the correct floor, I immediately spotted the rest of the lads lounging in the waiting area on uncomfortable looking chairs, all looking at the ground with sad expressions. My heart hurt just thinking of this whole situation. When the lads heard me and Louis approach, they smiled sympathetically, which only made another onset of tears start. 

"Oh Halie..." Liam muttered, standing up and wrapping his arms around me. "Don't cry love, the nurse said he was okay!" I tried to contain myself, but it was hard. I could've been here sooner, sitting by his side. 

"I...I want to see him," I finally mustered out, raising my head from Liam's chest. Louis held out his hand for me to take once again and I grabbed it, giving it a light squeeze which made him smile. 

Once I grabbed hold of the handle, I slowly opened the door and my heart plummeted. Seeing Harry hooked up to needles and machines like that tore me in two. 

"Oh thank God, he's awake," Louis muttered, and I gasped, running to his side.

"Harry!" I exclaimed, falling to the side of his bed and grabbing his hand. "Oh my God Harry..." He smiled weakly at me. 

"Well, so much for what I was going to get you, right?" I glared at him.

"I don't find any of this funny." He chuckled softly and squeezed my hand.  

"I'm sorry for scaring you," He said more seriously, gazing at me. He looked so tired and weak, not the usual smirking cocky boy I know. 

"Get some sleep," I found myself whispering, leaning over to press a kiss to his forehead. He closed his eyes and sighed. 

"I want you to lay with me," He mumbled, eyes still closed. He was quickly falling asleep without him even knowing it. 

"I can't silly, it's a one person bed and I don't even think I'm allowed. I'll be here when you wake up, and hopefully you will be able to go home soon so we can lay together." He smiled sleepily at me. 

"Give me a kiss," He said, chuckling. His pain medication was really wearing off on him...I guess that's a good thing. 

Leaning down, I pressed my lips to his, my stomach filling with every type of butterfly. No matter how many times he will kiss me, I will still feel the exact same as I do now. The way he tenderly caressed my cheek as he kissed me made me feel so safe. I broke apart and smiled down at him. 

"Goodnight Haz."

***

I was way too overjoyed when Harry was checked out of the hospital finally. Luckily for everyone, paparazzi haven't found Harry and what happened to him, so all we needed to do was leave the premises without anyone seeing us. Harry wasn't exactly able to walk yet because he sprained his knee in the crash so he had to be wheeled out in a wheel chair. 

 "Okay, we're taking you boys out the back exit of the hospital. There's fencing and gates and such back there so that way no one will see you lads exit. You should be good. Let's get going."

"Finally," Harry groaned in response to Paul's announcement. I chuckled behind my hand as I wheeled him toward the back exit. 

"You're finally going home Harry," I said, ruffling the back of his curls.

"Yeah, two days in the hospital really sucks. Now I know why everyone hates it."

Luckily for us, no one could see One Direction emerge from the hospital. The last thing we need is for paps to make up shit about Harry being in the hospital and publish it. 

"Tired?" I giggled when he laid his head on my shoulder and mumbled incoherent words into my shoulder. He nodded, snuggling closer to me. "You've slept for a good two days Harold..." He let out a laugh, lifting his head from from my shoulder and smiling at me. I got a good look at him; his dimpled smile seemed to be glowing in the dark light of the car. His eyes crinkled and he looked so adorable. I took this time to lean in and press a light kiss on his lips. 

"What was that for?" He asked, laying his head back on my shoulder, nuzzling his face in my neck. 

"Just because I couldn't resist," I answered, and I felt him smirk in my neck. The rest of the car ride was silent, and I think Harry fell asleep on my shoulder. When we arrived home, I tried to wiggle him awake, but he mumbled something under his breath and fell back asleep. So I made Louis carry him up to the spare bedroom in Louis' house. Kissing him on the forehead for a goodnight, I closed the door behind me and noticed Louis leaning against the wall outside the spare bedroom with his arms across his chest. 

"What...?" I asked tentatively. He just grinned at me, shaking his head. 

"I still can't really wrap my brain around you and Harry," He mused, cocking his head to the side. "I just remember how torn up you were about him when he said he only wanted to be friends, which we found out was a lie, and then when he decided to be a dick and not contact you all that time." Why was he bringing this up...? 

"Well, you better wrap your brain around it soon Lou," I replied, and he smiled, opening his arms for a hug with I gladly took. 

"I know Harry, and he's my best friend. But I also know that sometimes he makes stupid mistakes. We both know that. I just don't want Harry to hurt you..." I smiled sympathetically at my best friend. He was only looking out for my well being. 

"Thank you Lou, it means a lot that you're so worried about me. But I can assure you that Harry won't be doing that, because I have this feeling that he cares for me more than I thought anyone could." 

"I know Hales. I love you, kay?" I giggled and squeezed Lou in our favorite hug. 

"Love you too Lou," I replied, looking up at Lou. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go snuggle with my boyfriend."

______________________________

Short and bad, my apologies, I just haven't been having a good week!

the picture on the side...he's so tan I can't even