~C h a p t e r 2~

-Halie-

The week went by super slow, each day moving by as slow as a snail. Thank God it was Friday, and the start of spring break. Which means Louis and I are heading to X Factor auditions!

"Lou!" I screamed as I ran up to him on Friday after school was out. He and a couple of his mates were talking about nonsense. Girls fluttered around, obviously trying to get next to the guys and get their attention. Girls gave me sneers as I latched on to Louis. You can tell he's a pretty popular guy. I've heard more than one conversation about how girls want to "hook up with Louis Tomlinson." Little do they know, he's not that type of guy. He's had a few girls, but the last one broke it off because he "Wasn't good looking enough." Which makes no sense because, in all honesty, he was hot. He didn't let what the girl said get to him though. Scoffing, I turned my attention back to Lou.

"What is it Hales? Who died?" I laughed and took his hand, towing him toward the car. Waving to his friends, we headed toward his car together.

"Aren't you excited for this weekend? We're leaving for X Factor!" He chuckled and started the car, backing out of the parking lot and onto the road.

"Of, course I'm excited, I've been waiting for this for like, a year now! Have you asked your mom yet?" My smile faltered a bit.

"Actually, I haven't asked her yet...but I think she'll say yes." He smiled a genuine smile, the one I've always grown to love.

"well you should ask her when we get home then." I rolled my eyes. He's so simple. We pulled up to Louis' driveway and slammed the doors shut, crossing the street to my house.

"Mom?" I called through the house, hoping she would be home.

"In my room Sweetpea!" I heard her shout faintly from up the stairs.

"Stay here," I mouthed to Lou, running up the stairs two at a time. When I walked into the master bedroom, I saw my mom laying lazily on the bed, reading a People magazine. Sitting at the end of her bed, I smiled.

"How was your day Halie?" She asked, skimming through the pages. "And where's Lou?"

"School was okay. Luckily I don't have any homework for spring break which is a good thing. Do you remember what's happening this weekend mom?" She set her magazine down and smiled at me.

"Of course I do. Lou goes to his X Factor auditions! How can I not remember that, he's like my son I never had." She chuckled at her own comment, making me laugh with her.

"So, he wants me to accompany him. I said I would totally have to ask my mom first before I did anything and I know it's a ways away but-"

"Hales, I don't know if that's such a good idea. You and Louis by yourselves? I don't know..." I heard feet running up the steps and Louis burst into the room with wide eyes.

"Please Becky! She has to!" I giggled at their first name basis thing. "She has to! And my mom will be there!" She smiled and sighed.

"...How could I say no to those puppy dog eyes, those get me every time Lou!" He chuckled.

"So it's a yes?!" I asked desperately, also giving her my signature sad face.

"Of course. But Hales, you have to promise me that-" Not really caring about the rest, I pounced on her and hugged her tight.

"Thanks mom! I promise I'll be good. Love you!" I heard her chuckling as I raced into Lou's arms.

"When do we leave?" I asked right away. He chuckled and kissed my cheek. I always loved when he did that.

"Well the plane leaves tomorrow morning-"

"Let's go get packing then!" Lou and my mom chuckled at the same time. I normally wasn't this excited, but for God sakes, my best friend is going to be on the X Factor!