~C h a p t e r 36~

Important note at the end, I would love if you'd stick around and read it :) Also I hate myself and I'm cursing myself 238643274 times that it took me so long to update this. Because SMH is coming to an end soon, I promise I will get the last chapters up quickly! :) I literally say this every single chapter, but that you so much for sticking with me:) 

"Harry, stop, I want to put the star on the top!"

"Louis, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you're simply too short to reach the top of the tree."

"Well you have two arms, pick me up!"

"I'm the tallest, give it to me-"

"Oh my God guys..." I muttered, yanking the glass star out of Louis' hands and stepping onto a kitchen chair, carefully placing the star on the top of the decorated tree. There, the last touch.

"Wow Halie," Louis muttered, and I just smiled in triumph.

"Well that's what you get when you argue. God, you guys are like little children."

"That's the second time I've been referred to as a child!" Louis exclaimed in a huff, crossing his arms over his chest, like a child, but I'm not going to tell him that. He'll end up stomping out of the room, like a child. I snickered to myself.

Harry must've walked out of the room because he came back in and handed me a Christmas tree shaped sugar cookie, and I took a big bite out of it. He chuckled and I took his glass of milk out of his hands, purposely taking a big gulp to piss him off.

"Hey! That was the last of the milk!" He whined, and I giggled, taking the last swig.

I poked his nose and he swatted my hand away. "There's another jug in the garage refrigerator."

He rolled his eyes at me and headed out to the garage to quench his milk thirst.

"So do I get my present yet?" Louis asked me, bouncing over to me as if he were a 5 year old.

"Is it Christmas yet?" I asked back, and he rolled his eyes at me. "Seriously Louis you can wait 15 more hours."

"I know, I just like fucking with you guys. You get so annoyed with me."

"That's because you are annoying," Harry replied out of no where, probably coming in from getting the milk jug out of the garage. "Okay, someone plug in the lights, let's make sure this bad boy works." Harry set the milk in the fridge and came back over to plug in the lights. I smiled wide when the white lights flickered on, gazing up at the tree we, well, I slaved over for the past 2 hours. All the lads did was bicker about where to put the ornaments, and then Harry baked cookies for the rest of the time.

"So tomorrow we can meet up here, and give each other presents? Liam and Zayn are home with their families and they said they would try to come over later tomorrow, but I'm not sure about Niall because he went to Ireland..."

"Sounds like a plan," I answered, confirming Harry's plan. He came over to me and kissed me on the lips, and when I thought I was pulling away, he held my cheek in place, deepening the kiss. I smiled and let myself get into the kiss, half for the pleasure of kissing Harry, and the other half to fuck with Louis, because we both know he's going to start complaining in-

"Seriously guys oh my God." I pulled away from Harry and laughed, jumping onto Louis' back and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love you Lou Bear," I murmured in his ear, and he chuckled.

"I'm going to head over to mine for the night, I'll be here tomorrow morning to wish you Merry Christmas, but we aren't exchanging presents until later in the afternoon, does that sound right Mr. Styles?" Harry poked his head around the kitchen door and flashed Louis a thumbs up, returning to whatever he was doing.