~C h a p t e r 9~

3 years later.
Present time...

-Halie-

"Mum, going out for a while! Need me to pick up anything?" Grabbing my car keys and my phone, I waited at the bottom of the stairs for my mum's answer.

"I'm good right now, thanks love!" With that, I walked out to the garage and jumped in my new silver Ford Fusion and drove to the nearest Starbucks. 

"Your regular Halie?" Nick, the barista at the counter said when I gave him a knowing smile. 

"You seem to know me Nick," I responded as he started up my peppermint mocha with an extra squirt of chocolate. Oh, how I love the 'make your own frappachinos' at Starbucks. 

"One Medium Peppermint Mocha with an extra squirt of chocolate for m'lady," Nick said with an overly posh British accent. Giggling, I took it from his hands and sipped carefully. 

See, I met Nick about a year ago the first time I came here. We hit it off right away when he "accidentally" bumped into me and knocked over my mocha. I think he did that just so he had an excuse to talk to me. I personally didn't mind at the time, I've always thought he was hot whenever I came in here before we met. We've been so close since. 

"So, have you talked to the boys lately?" Nick asked, untying his green apron and hanging it on a hook, walking around the counter until he was facing me. I have him a one-armed hug and we sat down in a booth. 

"Well yeah, I talk to Louis every second of every day." And that was true; ever since they became too cool to hang out with their best friend, aka, became the hottest boy band in the world One Direction, we've always kept in touch. Well, Louis the most in that manner. "You'll never guess what though!"

"Lemme take a guess, they're done touring for now and they want to visit you so they're coming down to Doncaster for a while." I gaped at my best friend.

"I swear, you are a mind reader..." He laughed, causing me to giggle with him. "But I'm not sure when though. Louis said that it could be this week, or two weeks from now...I miss him a lot. It's been weird not having my best friend around for 3 years..."

"OMG! That should be like, amazing." Nick replied in a girly voice, even doing the hand-flippy thing. I laughed out loud, and a couple customers looked over at us. "But seriously, "I'm glad you're excited. And trust me, even though you miss Louis now, you'll see him in no time. What about Lover Boy?" My smile dropped to a blank expression. I knew who he was talking about. Harry. He knew I fancied him.

When they made it into the big time and signed onto Simon Cowell's record label SyCo, they up and left to travel the world. Lou and I kept in touch every single day, calling and Skyping each other. We are best friends to this day. I love that boy to pieces. Harry and I kept in touch for about the first month, but then all of a sudden didn't answer my calls or texts. I was beyond devastated, considering the feelings I had for him have skyrocketed. I haven't heard  from Harry in three years, and I missed him like crazy. 

The truth is, I still fancy him. A lot. Probably more than ever. Every day I make a move to call him or send him a 'how are you' text, but my mind wanders off to why he started ignoring me in the first place...I mean, he tells me he fancies me, says he just wants to be friends, and when he leaves he doesn't even stay in touch and contact me! He's so confusing. 

I honestly wish I could see them though...and soon.

"Ehem, earth to Hales..." Nick snapped in my face, retrieving my attention from my thinking state. 

"What were you saying?" I asked stupidly, blinking a few times. 

"Well, I mentioned Harry, but then you went all MIA on me..." Laughing, I took a sip of my drink.