~C h a p t e r 32~

-Halie-

I scrubbed at my eyes once again, wiping the tears away from my already damp and flushed face. My fingers shakily moved across the letters as I texted, and once I finally finished the message, I reread it over.

Please come over. I need you right now.

I didn't know if Nick was working or not, but the fact that I left no hint as to what was wrong would have him drop whatever he was doing to come to my aid. Almost a minutes later, I got a reply.

I'm on my way.

I was so thankful I had Nick, and I hope he realizes that.

A couple minutes later I heard the front door open and close, and when he saw me curled up on the couch he immediately rushed over and picked me up.

"Hales what's wrong, are you hurt?" The question was meant physically, but I mentally laughed humorlessly at the irony of the question. Yeah I was pretty damn hurt. "Do you need me to buy chocolate and some more tampons for you love, because-"

"I'm not on my period Nick," I muttered, chuckling hoarsely. He set me on the couch but kept his protective hold on me.

"Then tell me what has you like this."

Maybe I'm acting immaturely, maybe not. I know Harry was intoxicated, and I know people lose control of their behavior when under the influence. Maybe I'm just helping myself by being aggravated and mad about this whole situation, but just because I may be taking things out of proportion, doesn't mean I am not hurt by his actions. I am beyond hurt, but maybe I need to tell him that instead of losing my mind and avoiding him.

Sighing at my thoughts, I rubbed my hand down my face to gain composure. I took a deep breath, and looked at Nick again.

"Last night Harry was drunk and kissed a girl." I muttered, not really in the mood to vent to him anymore. When I texted him, I was ready to tell him how much I hated Harry and how his actions were completely ridiculous, but now that I think about it, that would only help me for a couple minutes. I was in the heat of the moment, and I realize that it wouldn't help the situation, only making me even more depressed and confused for lashing out on him. Harry seemed genuinely heartbroken about it all, and when I saw the tears rolling down his cheeks, he must really have felt terrible.

"That fucking-"

"No Nick, it's alright, I-"

"To hell it's alright Halie! He broke your heart, he made a mistake that he needs to-"

"Exactly Nick, he made a mistake, and I need to talk to him about it. I literally kicked him out without an explanation." He grumbled under his breath and I patted him on the head. "Nick, you are always there for me and I thank you for that. I don't think you understand how much I appreciate you in my life. But right now I need to go make things right with my boyfriend." I left Nick to his own devices as I rushed from my house to Louis' across the street. I didn't bother with knocking and walked right in, finding Louis massaging his temples at the kitchen table. Liam was there too, and when the noticed me their eyes widened like saucers.

"Hales," Louis muttered, standing up and wrapping his arms around me.

"Where's Harry?" I asked him, and he looked at me funny.

"You really want to talk to him right now?" I rolled my eyes and pulled away from his embrace.

"Yes Louis I know he screwed up but I need to talk to him about how I feel instead of going crazy by myself at my house." Louis gave me a small grin and kissed the top of my head.