~C h a p t e r 5~

-Halie-

"Halie Bear, you're squeezing me....again," Louis choked out, trying to release my strong grip on him. I've been strangling him with hugs ever since he jumped off stage. 

"Guys, it's late, head off to bed," I heard Jay call from her bed. I chuckled, releasing my grip on Lou's torso. 

"I'm going to the vending machine down the hall. Want anything?" Louis shook his head and I grabbed a dollar and headed out the door and down the hall. I slowed my pace when I passed Harry's door, debating whether or not to knock and say hello. Shaking my head, I continued down the hall. Why would be want to talk to me, he barely knows me. Skimming through the vending machine candies, I smiled when I came across a Charleston Chew. I punched in the number as it ate my dollar. 

"Charleston Chews?" A voice whispered in my ear as I jumped. "How did you know those were my favorite?" I smiled and chewed on my bottom lip, retrieving my candy. 

"Well, I know now," I responded, turning around to face Harry. His curly hair flopped in his bright green eyes and I smiled on instinct. He is so attractive...

"Liking the view?"

...And annoying. 

"No," I retorted, ripping open the yellow package and biting into the chocolate marshmallow goodness. He laughed and began punching in numbers on the vending machine. 

"Copier..." I muttered when I saw him biting into his own Charleston Chew. 

"Well, I couldn't help it. They're my favorite!" I laughed at his childish manner.

"So, you never told me why you're at this lovely hotel!" He exclaimed, spreading his arm out. I giggled and took another bite of my candy. 

"Well, I'm here with my best friend Louis. He was auditioning for X Factor and-"

"Wait, X Factor? Really?" I nodded, confused. 

"So was I!" I blinked, widening my eyes.

"That's awesome! You made it right?" He nodded enthusiastically and I giggled. "Sing something for me." He did a double take, not expecting me to say that. He cleared his throat and smiled crookedly. 

"Well, okay." He cleared his throat again and began singing a song I recognized. 

"Isn't she lovely, isn't she wonderful. Isn't she precious. Less than one minute old. And I never thought through love we'd be, making one as lovely as she. But isn't she lovely, made from love." He finished while I just stared at him, awestruck.

"That's the song I performed for auditions," He said, smiling cheekily. I couldn't help but stare at his dimples. He looked so cute when he smiled. I mentally laughed humorlessly. I can't be crushing on this guy. I may never see him again. 

"Well, that was for sure amazing! Now I know why they said yes." I noticed a pink blush color his cheeks. Add that to the list of cute things. We finished off our Charleston Chews, talking and getting to know each other. I've learned that his full name is Harry Edward Styles and his birthday is February 1st, and he's 16. He's from Holmes Chapel Chesire and likes to get naked. I cracked up at the last part, but when he said he was serious, I quieted, blushing. 

"So, I told you about me, now I want to hear about you." I smiled and cleared my throat. 

"Well, my name is Halie Marie Duncan, and I'm from Doncaster, South Yorkshire with Louis. I'm 16 and I love to-" I immediately shut my mouth, regretting almost saying that I love singing. No one knows that I love to sing, and how I write my own songs. 

"Hey! You can't stop in the middle and expect me not to be curious!" I nervously scratched the back of my neck. 

"Uh...well, I've never told anyone this, but I write songs and I love to sing." It honestly felt really weird saying it out loud. Harry's face was total surprise. 

"Really? That's awesome! Why didn't you try out then?" I shook my head furiously. 

"Oh no. I'm not that good. I don't even think I'm good! And before you ask, I'm not singing for you." I laughed when Harry's shoulders sagged with a frown on his face. 

"You will some day..." He muttered as I laughed. 

"Anything else I should know about you cutie?" My cheeks turned a pinkish color. 

"Well that's pretty much it. Oh, and I'm single." He laughed hard at that. 

"I'm surprised, but that's good to know." What did he mean by that? I stole a glance at my iPhone and my eyes widened. 

"Shit! I've been out here for an hour!" I told Lou I'd be right back!" I hastily stood up from leaning against the wall, brushing off my legs.

"Sorry cutie, that's my fault," He said, grabbing my hand and jogging down the hall to our rooms. I can't lie that I didn't feel sparks at his touch. He stopped me at my door. It's amazing how he remembered I was 3 doors down. He opened his arms and embraced me in a warm hug. 

"I hope I see you soon Halie. It was amazing to get to know you." I blushed hard when his lips met my cheek. With a squeeze of my hand and a drop dead gorgeous smile, he left. I was never going to see him again. 

Why the hell did I not ask for his number?

Stupid Halie...

I sighed when I closed the door behind me. I was suddenly tackled by two strong arms. "Halie Marie, where the hell were you? You had me scared to death." I turned around to face his worried and slightly angered expression. I cringed. 

"Well, I was at the vending machine...and I bumped into someone." It wasn't a lie; Harry came up to me. 

"Well, as long as it wasn't a rapist. Come on! I have carrots and a scary movie waiting for us!" I grinned and followed Lou into the living room.

***

"Halie, it's over now, you can look." I hesitantly picked my head up from Lou's chest, as it's been pressed up against his chest half the movie. Scary movies weren't really my forte. He brushed the hair out of my eyes. 

"It's late Boo, let's get some sleep. Aren't we leaving in the morning?" Lou nodded, yawning. I reluctantly got up from is warm chest and made a beeline to the bathroom, jumping in for a quick shower. When I finished, I dried myself off and changed into some track shorts and a sports bra, throwing over an old purple hoodie I stole from Lou. I brushed my teeth and my hair, finally exiting the bathroom. I sauntered over to the bed and I noticed Louis reading a book, wearing his glasses, a concentrated expression covering his features. I bit my lip at his cuteness. I always thought he looked so cute in his black thick-rimmed glasses. 

"Take a picture, that would last longer." I burst out laughing and pulled out my iPhone, snapping a quick picture.

"Twitter!" I sang, jumping on the bed. 

@Halie_Bear: Hmmm...since you said it @Louis_Tomlinson, I will take a picture :)

"And...tweeted," I smiled triumphantly. Louis reached over and ruffled my hair. I slapped his hand away, patting my hair back down. 

"Goodnight Halie Bear." Lou's lips brushed against my forehead and I closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

______________________

Vote and Comment!