~C h a p t e r 25~

-Halie-

I'm so glad me and Harry are okay again, and I feel so stupid and embarrassed for being so irrational. Thank God that's in the past now. 

I played with my phone in my hand while I waited for Harry to call me. But judging the time, he wasn't going to call tonight. 

Sighing, I turned my phone off and turned over in my bed, willing the tears away and willing the strong feeling of wanting to be in my boyfriend's arms away. 

Maybe I should pick up some more shifts at work to get my mind off things.

***

 Yawning, I pulled into the Starbucks parking lot and parked, turning my car off. I sat in my car for a few minutes before getting out, checking my phone for a text from Harry. Nothing.

Sighing, I entered the coffee shop and immediately spotted Nick at the cashier. He waved at me and I could only fake smile back. Today wasn't a good day. I barely got any sleep last night because I kept thinking Harry was going to call me. When I woke up from only getting a couple hours of sleep, I expected a text from Harry but had nothing. 

"What's wrong?" Was the first thing he asked me when I approached the cashier. I merely shrugged, slapping on a fake good mood and smiled up at him. 

"Just tired, didn't get much sleep last night. I want a peppermint hot chocolate today." He looked at me strangely before typing it into the screen. 

"Alright Love, I'll have it made for you real quick." I smiled widely at him, because how can you not, and walked to my usual booth where I waited for Nick to bring me my hot chocolate. It was freezing today for being the end of October. I rubbed my hands together to create warmth just as my best friend brought over my hot drink.

"Be careful it's-" I didn't let him finish as I took a rather large sip of the scalding drink. It warmed my insides and I let out a content sigh.  

"What time do you have to be in work today?" Nick asked as he played with a napkin on the table.

"In about 15 minutes or so. I only have to work until 1 today so if you want we could do something later?" He grinned at that, nodding his head. 

"You know what's coming up Halie," Nick commented after I sipping at my hot chocolate. I cocked an eyebrow at him, setting my drink down. 

"Should I know...?" He laughed, nodding his head. 

"Yeah, it's pretty important." I racked my brain for any important dates that he may have told me to remember. Let's see...It's October 30...

"Halloween?" I asked dumbly, and he laughed again. 

"No, but you're close." November was coming up, and the only thing I could think of was-

"My birthday!" I exclaimed, and he chuckled.

"Good job! It took you long enough!" I stuck my tongue out at him. "I just don't know what to get you yet..."

"Nothing," I said seriously. "Our friendship is enough for me." This time it was his turn to stick his tongue out.

I checked my phone and sighed. "Well, I better get to work before I'm late. I'll text you when I'm off and we can watch movies or something." He nodded, both of us standing up from our booth. I gave him a tight hug and he kissed me on the top of my head.

"See you later Halie Bug." Smiling and blushing at the petname, I waved him off and walked out into the freezing cold air of Doncaster.

On my way to work, my phone made doorbell noise, the signal that I missed a call. My heart leaped into my throat and I wanted to check it so bad but there weren't any stops coming up. "Fuck.." I cursed.