Chapter 14

Previously on 'Harry's Secret Sister':

Why are you mad at me? Why didn't you talk to me all day? Can I come over so we can talk this through? I love you.'

I read the message but didn't respond leaving it on 'read 4:08'

~

"Julie it's getting late, maybe you should go to bed?" Mum said poking her head into my room.

I checked the time and it was around 10:30.

I turned off my lights and climbed in bed before falling asleep.

-

Once I woke up I walked over the now smaller pile of outfits and grabbed the last one. I changed very quickly and gathered all the dirty clothes from the past couple of days.

I went downstairs to see no one awake. I walked into the laundry room and started to wash all my dirty clothes.

I walked out and into the kitchen. I saw a note taped to the fridge.

'Dear Julie,

I want you to know that I love you as much as I love Natalia. I'm going to miss you so much. You've become my own daughter in these past couple of years. Natalia's going to miss you so much, your her best friend. And we both know she's not going to say anything about it. I want you to be able to take care of yourself, so I left some money in an envelope, tell Harry when you see him that I miss him. I hope to see you guys soon, I might even be home from work in time to see you guys. If I'm not send me some pictures of you guys. Don't forget to take the money, I love you.

Love Mum<3'

I read the note and folded it in four so it fit in my back pocket.

I looked around the counter and saw the envelope. I grabbed it and went upstairs to put it in my small suitcase.

I went back downstairs and started to make breakfast for Natalia and myself.

I got the bacon out of the fridge, the frying pan, three eggs, and the egg pan.

I sprayed cooking spray on both pans and put them on the stove.

I cracked the eggs into a bowl and started to mix them. Then, I laid four pieces of bacon on the pan.

I poured the eggs from the bowl onto the pan and started to scramble them.

Natalia walked down the stairs still in her pajamas.

"I'm going to go for a run, come back, shower, then I'll eat." She told me and went back up the stairs to get changed.

She came back down as I flipped over the bacon.

"How many pieces do you want?" I asked gesturing towards the bacon.

"Uh, three pieces are good, thanks." She said and ran out the door.

I took the four pieces of bacon off and put three pieces on plate, one on the other and put one more on. I scrambled the eggs and took out two glasses from the cupboard.

When the eggs looked about done I put them on two plates.

I flipped the last piece of bacon and got the milk out of the fridge. I started to poor the milk into the second glass when my phone started to ring.

I saw Harry's name appear on the screen and hit accept.

"Hey little sister!" Harry said over the phone.

"Hi big brother, what's up?" I asked.

"I'm just calling to let you know that I'll be at the house at 2:30, is that good?" He asked.

"Perfect." I told him getting excited.

"Alright, I'll see you in a couple hours, love you."

"Love you too, bye big brother." I said and hung up.

I took the last piece of bacon off the stove and turned off the gas. I put the piece of bacon on the plate with the other one.

I put both plates on the table and then put the milk on the table when the doorbell rang.

I looked through the little window in the door and saw Daniel.

I slowly unlocked the door knowing this was going to happen sooner or later.

"Hey." I said looking down.

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked getting right the point.

I looked up at him through my eyelashes and didnt say anything.

"Did I do something?"

"Yes, you kissed another girl yesterday." I said and slammed the door shut.

I looked through the window to see him with a frustrated look on his face as he pulled at the hair on the top of his head.

I stopped watching him and sat down at the table.

I pushed my plate out in front of me slightly and put my head in my hands.

Today's been a long day and it's only been a couple hours.

I looked up when I heard the front door open.

"Hey I'll be back down in a minute." She said and walked past the table and up the stairs.

I heard the water turn on and got up to turn on the small tv on the kitchen counter. As I flipped through the channels but saw nothing on. I finally settled on the news. Oh well.

"Robbery in central Los Angeles, criminal not caught, make sure to lock up your homes."

I heard the news reporter mumble when Natalia came down the stairs.

"Why are we watching the news?" She asked clearly confused, considering I don't even watch the student news at school.

"There was nothing else on." I old her and she sat down at the table and we started eating.

"Hey, not to be rude an intrude but, was that Daniels car I saw leaving when I came in?" She asked.

"Yeah, it was." I said and waited for her question me further.

"Why was he here? Did you talk to him? Did you break up with him? What's happening?" She asked speaking at lightening speed.

"We talked. I slammed a door. He left. Nothing was really said. I thi-" I cut off by my phone going off telling me I had a message.

I looked at who it was from and then back at Natalia.

"Speak of the devil."