Chapter 10

Tyler's POV
----
"Happy birthday Tilly."

I was wrapped up in Troye's arms and there was no other place I would rather be. My eyes were closed but I still wasn't asleep.

Hours passed and only then did I become tired. My heavy eyelids closed and my body was suddenly overrun with a pleasant heat. Images and memories floated around my mind, some good and some bad. However, as the night went on they became worse. The once pleasant heat became uncomfortable and unbearable. Images of fists, punches, wounds and bruises swarmed my mind. My body was shaking, tears poured down my face and my breaths became unstable.

"Tilly!" Troye shook me lightly and hugged me tightly, rocking back and forth he rested his head on mine and began calming me down.
"Shh Tilly, I'm here, it was just a dream. Shh...shh..."

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Don't be sorry Tilly..." He ran his hands up and down my back.
"I'm here... I'm here, it's gonna be okay..." He brought his hand to mine and interlocked our fingers together.

"What time is it?"

"It's three am. Try to get some rest." I wrapped my arms around his torso and pulled him closer. His steady breaths relaxed me, you could say that they put me at ease.

Maybe an hour into my sleep I felt his body squirm under me. He untangled my arms from around his waist and left the bed. I felt a sudden pang in my chest. The feeling of cold and empty sheets made my heart ache, not having him next to me felt like nothing was right in the world. So I laid there.

Alone.

I came back to my senses when I heard the toilet next door being flushed. The bed dipped on the other side of me and I realised that he didn't really leave.

My eyes shot wide open when I felt his arms wrap around me. This wasn't just any platonic hug we had, if I knew any better I could say this was a romantic gesture.

Phhh, as if. That was definitely the case, maybe he's just cold, or he likes you. Maybe he forgot it's me, yeah sure you idiot, I bet he just goes and cuddles with his dad during the night.

Whatever the reason for his cuddling was I didn't mind. And so I feel asleep again, all wrapped up in Troye's arms.

~
"Tilly? I made you some birthday breakfast." My eyes slowly opened to the sight of Troye standing over me, his chocolate brown locks in a mess, dark circles under his eyes and a small smile on his face.

"Whaaaaa?" Troye softly giggled at my response.

"How about I bring it up here and we could watch something? Would you like that?" I nodded in response and he walked out.

I yawned loudly and stretched my arms, a slight pain came over me, most likely from one of the bruises. I gently raised my t-shirt to see the damage from yesterday. I felt sick at the sight of purples, yellows and greens on my stomach made my stomach churn.

"Oh my God Ty. I didn't think it was that bad." Troye placed the plates and cups on the bedside table and rushed over to me.
"I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry this ever happened..."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault." He stayed silent for a while, his eyes were on me and his hand moved up to my cheek.

"I'm promise this will never happen again... now... I'll go get the laptop." He hurried out of the room and the felt of his hand on my cheek never left.

I sat up on the bed and grabbed one of the plates. On the plate there were waffles and five strawberries. I reached out again for one of the cups and took a sip of the hot coffee.