Chapter 28

Troye's POV
----
Everyone has been acting different around me. My parents didn't dare mention today's party and Steele can't even look me in the eye without looking as if he was going to cry or apologise. It's not Steele's fault for any of this even if he thinks it is.

Tyler was surprised to see me yesterday, although we did end up spending two hours walking around town. He must have realised I wasn't feeling the best but he didn't ask any questions.

Today was Steele's bachelor party and thank God that he decided on a more civilised event without any strippers and drugs. Just a nice sophisticated event with some alcohol, card games and a bit of dancing. What could possibly go wrong?

Sage and mum were going with Jasmine to her party. The house was for the men, the garden was set out with tables and seats and the barbecue.

I spent most of the morning and afternoon on my phone waiting for the first guests to arrive.

The clock on my phone indicated that it was nearly six thirty. I heard a knock on the door and I already knew it was Tyler. Steele shouted from downstairs that the doors were open and the faint creak of the door meant Tyler just walked in.

"Ty, how did wo-" I stopped as soon as I saw the man standing in the hallway was not Tyler.

"Connor... hey man." Steele walked up to us. He seemed slightly uncomfortable.

"Hello Steele, Troye. I missed you." He spoke in a precise manner, his lips formed into a slight smirk and his eyes trailed my body. I just wanted to tell him to cut the bullshit but I felt too terrified and weak to do anything.

"Come to the back garden, a few guests should be here really soon." I glared are the back of Connor's head as he followed Steele.

"I think I saw some of them on the way, they decided to go to the store before going here." Connor announced.

"I think I'll go see if Tyler's ready. I'll be back in five minutes." I quickly rushed out of the house, a car was being parked outside with five men inside.

"Heyo Troye-o boyo!" One of the men shouted, clicking his fingers and pointing at me.

"Hey... hey." I forgot the dudes name and I awkwardly rushed to Tyler's house. Tyler was just walking out, looking as good as ever.

"Troye? I don't need to be escorted to your house you know. I am capable of walking for two minutes." He made his way down the steps and placed his hand on my cheek.

"I guess I was feeling in the mood to be your escort."

"I'm so grateful." He placed a gentle kiss to the top of my nose.

When we got to the house I could hear the music playing in the garden, the smell of the barbecue filled the house and some chatter could be heard over the music.

"Hey Ty! I'd like you to meet some people you may not know."

"Okay, cool."

"Tyler, this is Adam, Steve, Josh, Connor, Lucas and Charlie. You know my family so I don't need to introduce you to them." The guys said hello and carried on with their conversations.

My dad was tending the food on the grill. He was talking to Tyde, Lucas and Steve.

"Want a beer?" Josh called over from the mini fridge he was guarding with his life.

"Sure." Tyler went to get two bottles, he passed me one and then went to Steele and Adam.

"Troye, lovely to see you here." I took a massive gulp of the beer and clenched my teeth when I felt movement next to me.