Chapter 33

Tyler's POV
----
Troye was acting strange. Between his tense posture and strange worrisome looks, he was acting strange. Not the 'I bathe in blood' kind of strange, more like the 'I saw someone bathe in blood and I don't know how to tell you' kind of strange. What I'm trying to say is that something is definitely wrong. Let's take earlier as an example, when I kissed him, I could feel the things he isn't telling me. Then when he pulled away from me like I was poison I could feel something in me crack.

I knew it was all too good to be true, at first I hoped he was jet lagged or sick, or anything to justify his actions, but now, maybe it's his slow way of breaking up with me. Maybe he fucked Connor and realised how much better he would be with him, that explanation would hurt less than the 'it's not you, it's me' or 'it's not working out' breakups, because I wouldn't have to think of what I did wrong. Who am I even kidding? Everything will hurt horribly!

As I looked at the slightly smiling Troye beside me I felt a certain ache in my heart. Maybe I'm just imagining it, maybe everything is okay, maybe he just isn't in the mood.

I gently tug on his arm, he doesn't turn to look at me, instead only his eyes move to the corners to slightly inspect me. He smiles softly, then it disappears.

As his dad goes to bring us drinks I observe Troye even more. He picks at his nails, occasionally bringing up his hand towards his mouth to bite on them. Troye was tapping his foot in an unsteady beat, like a song he's trying to remember but all he knows is the smallest fragment of the tune.

Troye must have noticed me looking at him. He took my hand in his, drawing circles on the inside of my palm. Troye's unsteady foot movements became smaller and he seemed completely distracted in my hand.

I leaned into him, slowly resting my head against his shoulder. A quiet noise resembling a wince came from Troye, he tightly shut his eyes whilst barely licking his lips.

"Here you go boys." Shaun handed me and Troye a bottle of beer each. I thanked him and took the smallest sip of the drink. Troye on the other hand took a large gulp of the beer.

~

"You look tired sweetie, you wanna go to sleep?" Laurelle studied Troye, she looked at me and smiled weakly when Troye placed the bottle of beer down on the table.

"Yeah, I might go now. Good night- I mean evening? Either way, I'm going to go, to sleep. Because I'm tired. I'll see you later." Troye stuttered as he stood up clumsily. He still had his hand in mine.

My hand was awkwardly reaching upwards to stay connected to Troye. He managed to cough up a laugh and then let go of my hand.

Shaun and Laurelle looked at me, clearly confused. They must have been thinking the same thing as me... what is happening with Troye?

I stood up as Troye was about to leave the room. I rushed over to his side, softly joining our lips together. When I was trying to show my love all I could feel from him was a certain heavy feeling of some type of guilt.

He looked like regret and felt like poison. Lips red as blood and eyes blue as stormy skies. Troye wasn't himself, or at least he wasn't the Troye I knew.

"I love you." I whispered as I slowly pulled away from his touch.

"I know..." He looked down at the ever growing distance between us.

He's ending it, isn't he?

I looked him in the eyes.

"Just say it." My voice came out as a plead and whimper, with a little crack in the middle.