Chapter 21

Tyler's POV
----
Troye just kissed me! About fucking time!

We were standing in the pouring rain, our foreheads against each other. I breathed out loudly and smiled.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that." Troye closed his eyes and smiled, he looked so blissful.

"Well I'm glad you finally did." I also closed my eyes, basking in the moment.

"Hey! You two down there!" My eyes shot wide open at the unexpected sound of Sage's voice. I looked around, when my eyes trailed up I noticed she was shouting out of Troye's bedroom window.

"Sage! What are you doing in my room!?"

"I'm creating a romantic atmosphere! Now, do you prefer Ed Sheeran or Ed Sheeran?"

"That's literally just the same option, you know that?" I laughed as Troye sassed his younger sister.

"So I'll take that you chose Ed. Perfect!" She disappeared from the window, Troye looked back at me and shrugged. What was Sage up to?

Within a minute or two Sage was back, she hauled over a stereo and placed it on the window sill. She also picked up something that looked like a CD, she put it in and pressed a button.

"And I shall play you song number... six! Have a good time boys!" Sage practicality ran away from our eyesight.

"Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes"

Did she really just play us Ed Sheeran? Well I can't say I'm complaining.

I looked back at Troye who had is hand out, I took his offer and placed my hand in his.

"This is fucking cheesy, you know that that?"

"Really Tyler? I didn't realise."

"But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes"

I couldn't help but feel like this had happened before. Oh wait. It did. I smiled as I remembered the night we danced to that old record Troye found in my house.

"It's the only thing that makes us feel alive"

We swayed softly, the words to the song were distorted by the rain which was getting heavier; it was pouring down so hard that each drop felt like a bullet. I yelped in pain and jumped away. Troye shielded his head with his hands. Soon enough we were jumping around as if to try to run away from the rain. As funny as it looked it hurt like a motherfucker.

Troye grabbed my wrist and began to pull me in the direction of his house. He twisted the doorknob, it didn't work however since for some strange reason the doors was locked. Troye fumbled to grab keys from his pockets, after seconds of struggling he looked up at me with wide eyes.

"I don't have the keys..."

"Oh for fucks sake!" I banged on the door knowing that Sage was inside and it was probably her that locked the door.

"Sage! Open the goddamn door!" I heard footsteps rushing down the stairs. The door quickly swung open revealing Sage who was slightly out of breath.

"You look like you just ran a marathon."

"Just get in!" Sage yanked our arms and pulled us in.
"You are soaking wet!" She scanned our bodies and looked down at our feet. I looked down to see a puddle forming under us.
"I'm not cleaning that up, get changed and then you can sort this mess out."

I hurried to take off my shoes, Troye did the same. When I had the shoes off, I looked at Troye who was shimmying out off the jacket I gave him earlier.