Chapter 24

DId sOMeboDy sAY 5k woRds?!
Troye's POV
----
I was currently styling my hair in the mirror, Steele, Sage, Tyler and I were supposed to be going out to town today.

Steele said he wanted to look at different flowers that would match the colour theme of white, gold and baby blue. Jasmine was coming over in two days with her mum, brother and sister. When they did come we -and by we I mean her family, Sage and me- were going to go dress picking, she said she already found the model she wanted so all we needed to do was check it out.

I looked at myself in the slightly steamy mirror. My curls layed across my forehead in an organised mess, just how I liked it.

It's been two days since Steele came back and ever since that day I was stressing over the fact that he invited my ex to his wedding without my knowledge. Whenever I was with Tyler and I thought of that I would press my body against his, rest my chin on his shoulder and close my eyes. Tyler asked me if I was okay and I lied to him every time. I didn't want to talk about anything, especially Connor.

Connor. I haven't said that name in ages. He was the first friend I made when I moved to L.A. He showed me around, he helped me out a lot. He was a photographer and he had his own business called 'Common Culture'. Everything seemed great so when he asked me out I was more than happy. We dated for maybe eight or so months, then it got bad.

A knock on the door woke me up from my dazed state. I noticed tears forming in my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and shouted "nearly done" to the person outside.

"Hurry up! I want to brush my teeth." Sage pounded on the door one more time and then stayed silent.

I splashed some cold water on my face, then I threw on the clothes I brought in here. A pair of skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and a red plaid shirt. I hurried out of the bathroom and rushed downstairs.

Tyler was sat on the couch, Steele was flipping through a magazine with some celebrity on it. I threw myself on the seat next to Tyler. He smiled at me with one of his special smiles, the ones that were reserved for me. I smiled back at him, his smile just grew bigger and his eyes shined like stars.

"Hey Troye boy."

"Hey Tilly."

*Flashback* (Age 13)

"All best friends have nicknames for each other." Tyler was sat on the plank of wood we found earlier today, he said it was quite comfortable although the few rusty nails didn't look like they would be pleasant to sit on.

"So you're saying we aren't friends because we don't have nicknames?"

"That's not what I'm saying."

"Then what are you saying?" I looked at him confused.

"I'm saying that we should give each other nicknames. Sound good?"

"Sure. What do you think of Ty?"

"Don't be stupid! Even my grandmother calls me that. Try harder."

"Tyzells?"

"Are you serious? I've never heard anything more stupid."

"Tilly?" I really didn't know what else I could call him. However I got surprised when I saw a faint blush appear on his face. He looked down and smiled at the ground.

"Tilly. Tilly. It has a ring to it. I like it."

*End of flashback*

Tyler kissed my cheek gently, his touch featherlight. He brushed his fingers against my other cheek, the touch was ghost like. I shuddered slightly, I usually wasn't the type of person that would get the slightest bit of pleasure out of something like that, but here I am, putty in Tyler's hands.