Chapter 12.

~Cassie's POV~

Its been a week since I attended school last.The week was really boring.I was home all the time with those ugly medicines.I had viral so I told Anaestia to come very often cause I don't want to get sick because of me.And I know if she gets sick then it'll be like hell.The girl is full of tantrums and drama.She'll make Nate and myself mad.

Anaestia is like the best person in my life.She used to call me up and text regularly and was always there for me. But since last two days,I'm ignoring her because I wanna surprise her that I'm coming to school today.I just wanna see her reaction and wanna feel that thing,'When somebody sees you after a long time and screams out your name and runs towards you to hug you'.And I'm sure its gonna happen.

I took a quick shower and went into my wadrobe.It was quite chilly today.So I decided to wear something warm.I slipped into a comfortable white t-shirt and a hoody with it with sweatpants.I put on some light make like a mascara and lip gloss.I took a last look at the mirror and swinged my bag around a shoulder and stepped out of my room.I was about to step out of my house until I heard some noises around the kitchen it was 11 and nobody is there at my place.I was a bit scared so I just took the umbrella which was hung behind the door.Holding that up in defence, I entered on my toes caution of making no noise.I sneaked into the Kitchen to find a tall man who was struggling with the pan.Relief washed over me as I realised it was noone but my DAD.Wait.Dad?How is he here? He never comes home.Why is he here?

'Dad' I startled.

'Hey Cassie' He smiles brightly.

'What are doing in here?' I asked.

'Just making breakfast for us.' He smiles.

'Why?' He usually is busy and comes home only on Christmas and stuff.And he cooks? I never knew this.

He gestured me to take a seat across him on the island.I did as he said.He placed a plate of bacon and some scrabbled eggs.The looked pretty good.I took a bite and gave him a thumbs up.They were really good.

'I took an off day today.So I can be with you for sometime. Its like we haven't spent time together since ages and I could not take care of you when you were sick.I just wanted to make sure that everything is fine with my baby girl.' He said with a tint of guilt in his voice.

I never knew that he loved me so much and cares for me so much.I know he loves me but this much.Before I knew,a tear drop roll down my cheeks.I got up from my seat and engulfed him into a bear hug.

'I love you Dad' I murmured.

'I love you too' He kissed my forehead.

'Now let's save this Family thing for later.I'm late for school.' I joked.

'Bye.Take Care.And tell Anaestia my Hello' He laughed.

I waved him adios and headed to School.