Chapter 18

~Cassie's POV~

I didn't want Nate to spend that much on me. It was unfair on my path. Just for a payback I cant make him spend his money like that. Nate has beeen really sweet and caring all the time and I can't take advantage of his goodness. So what I decided is have a day out in the Mall like the old times. I love to annoy Nate. When we were young, Ana and I used to irritate him to hell. I know, I know its always the other way out that Guys tease girls.But you know what? We are Ana and Cas, the awesome Best Friends and unpredictable chicks. So its obvious that we can do anything the other way out.

I decided to drive and then end up almost Crashing it. And if you don't know it was on Purpose, just to see his reaction. And damn, I am not going to do that ever in my life again. He loves his Car more than anything in this world, thats for sure. But who wouldn't? Its a Shining Hummer afterall.

The drive to the mall was silent, but a comfortable silence. I tried to talk but then dropped it. It seemed like he was thinking something very serious. He turned to me and caught me staring again, Damn! This is so embarrassing. Unknowingly, a blush made its way my cheeks and they turned into a light shade of Scarlet. He smirked clearly noticing my embarrassment. What? Nate never smirks. Lately, I have never seen him do that.

He pulled into the driveway of the Mall. He gestured me to move out and I did so. I don't know why am I so obedient with him. Chuck. I wanna just have fun today and to my subconscious please dont keep wandering around and be calm.

'Dreaming, huh?!'Nate teased.

'Haha, funny' I mocked laugh.

'Can we go now? I am starving. ' He whined.

' Okay. Even I am hungry lets go Subway' I said and together we marched towards the Mall.

Shuffling through number of food shops we arrived at the subway.

'Regular cheese Sub? 'He asked.

'You remember?How?' I blurted out. I was surprise that he actually remembers what I like to eat.

'Yes. I'll be back with it, just stay here and don't wander about. ' He winked.

'Yes Dad' I teased.

He rolled his eyes and walked away.

The Mall was not that usually crowded like it is on Weekends and I like it. In a couple of minutes, Nate was back with the food.

'There you go'He hands me a bad of Sub which I take and both of us sit near one of the shops and start to eat. And the silence like it was before was not there this time. This Nate was talking and by talking I mean blabbing about so many things, that I've never witnessed. Usually, he is less of a talker whilst now it seems like hes a 16 year old girl talking.

'Nate. I am done' I announced.

'So what do you wanna do now? ' He asked.

What to do? What to do? What to do now? That question kept ticking in my head but there was no answer to it.

' I don't know' I frowned.

'Lets go watch a movie? ' He suggests.

' Sure. But my choice' I say.

'No. I am choosing the movie and you'll love it' He winked and pulled me towards the theatre.

And here I was standing like an idiot and waiting for the changed Nate Greene, it was nice to see this playful side of him. I was browsing through the movies that were being screened now. There were several movies. I hope he doesn't get 'Its a boy girl thing'. Walking past by, one poster caught my attention, 'Serendipity' and it was a romantic movie. And the tagline says,

'When Love feels like Magic, its called Destiny. When Destiny has a sense of Humour, its called Serendipity'

It catches my attention and I now have the urge to watch this movie.

'Boooo! '

My heart skipped a beat and I turned around to come face to face the Nate you was laughing out loud.

' You are such a Kid'I scolded.

'And you are such a girl' He rolled is eyes.

'So what movie are we gonna watch? 'I asked dodging the topic.

' Serendipity! 'He chirped.

How? Is it my skepticism? Or he is serious?

' Really? ' I tried to confirm.

' Yes. I have heard about the movie its nice and it your type also, 'Romantic' He said moving his hands in the air.

'Okay lets go!'I scooted in with him.

We entered the Theatre and it was kind of full. People all around.

'Cassie? 'Nate called out.

'ummm'

'I got the corner seat' He said rubbing the back of his neck.

I dont know why he was so uncomfortable with it. It was perfectly fine. I don't understand the 'corner seat' scenario.

'So? Is that place cursed or something? ' I joked.

' Never mind. Lets sit' He said and then we both sat side by side, Nate to my side and I to the extreme corner.

The trailers of the upcoming movies were being screened and then the movie started. Every now and then I caught Nate glancing over to my side. I had the urge to ask him but then I was too engrossed in watching the movie. I started to feel cold, I rubbed my palms and hands to keep myself warm, but that was of no use. I felt a pair of arms wrapping a warm, soft and cozy jacket around my shoulders and it was noone other than Nate.

Awwwwww.Hes such a Gentleman. I thought.

'Thanks'I smiled generously, to which he just smiled back.

I glanced to Nate's back and saw some Couples smooching, some others kissing and some making out even. I started to feel uneasy about it, Nate seemed to notice this cause he nudged me with his elbow. This is so awkward man.

'Do you want to leave? ' He asked.

' No! 'I replied instantly.

' You wanna do that even? ' He suggested.

' What? 'I blurted out so shockingly that it seemed like my eyes are gonna fall out. I never expected this kind of remark from him.

' Kiddding. Chill'He laughed.

After that little conversation,we both drifted into comfortable silence and i didn't dare to look the other way. The movie came to an end. It was a really nice movie and the tagline was perfect as the Jonathan and Sarah meet up was Serendipity. The Destiny's sense of humour about their exchange of numbers. It was just perfect. We both headed out.

You know the sad moment, when you come to reality after watching an awesome movie.

'So now home? 'Nate offered.

' Yes, Im tired now'

We arrived at my driveway and Nate and I bided Goodbyes to each other. He was about to get in his car before I called out,

'Nate wait' I ordered.

He stopped and turned towards me. I engulfed him into a hug and gave him a quick peck on his cheek.

'Thanks. It was a day well spent' I smiled.

'Anytime Cas'He smiled generously and walked to his car and went away.

And I was standing there smiling like an idiot. It was nice to be with him after so long and I don't know why was there a need for me to give him a peck.

Cassie Cassie whats wrong girl? With that question I drifted to sleep.