Chapter 15

~Nate's POV~

I have never seen Cassie sad.I have always seen her laughing or rolling eyes or being irritated by my little sister.She seemed lost. 

The walk towards the Car was an awkward silence.She caught me glancing at her.I couldnt help but stare at her.She looked more beautiful yet casual as before but a bit puffy.Why? And Why is she alone? And where is Anaestia? Is it because she ain't here? Or what? I have an oceans of questions,but Im afraid to spill it to her.What if she overreacts or doesn't even talk to me after this? Wait.As it is we don't talk much.Does it really matter? Eww.I'm thinking like a pessismistic 16 year old melodramatic girl.That description was also melodramtic.I sighed and ran a hand through to my hair in frustruation. 

What do I say? Ask her about studies and Ana? No,it'll be like I'm a nosy bastard or something. 

It started raining and we both sprinted towards the car.Rains! Eurekaaa Baby! 

We got into the car and were trying to catch our breaths.I took a glance at Cassie,she was setting up her hair.She looked annoyed and was constantly running her hand through her hair.Immediately she stopped and turned around and almost almost caught me admiring her (cause staring is too mainstream) and I looked away to avoid an eye-contact.

'Nate?' She spoke up finally.

'Yeah Cassie' I replied casually still avoiding an eye-contact.

'Can you switch on the Radio please?' she said softly.

I nodded and did the same.

There was the famous song 'Just the way you are' by Bruno Mars was being played on the radio. One thing I find that song too cheesy so I haven't really paid attention to it before.But as I am here packed up in a car with someone I like and its raining so I sunk in the lyrics.

When I see your face,there's nothing that I would change cause Girl you are amazing just the way you are

And I glanced over to her.And the next line perfectly fit in.

*And when you smile the whole world stops and stares for awhile.Cause girl you are amazing just the way you are*

Hearing to this maybe, a smile made its way on her lips.She smiled.

'Natey Batey' She chimed in. 

'What?' I was shocked at her sudden outburst.

'You remember?' she said her eyes sparkling in excitement.

'Obviously I do! How can I forget it mad! Those were like the best days!!' 

I stated as-a-matter-of-fact.

"Anyone who says 'Sunshine is Happiness' has never 'played FOOTBALL in rains'"

We both synced mockingly.

We both smiled and drifted into comfortable silence. 

I pulled into her drive way, she grinned evily and gestured me to be there. 

I saw her walking by until she  

was out of sight. 

Why did she make me wait? What was she upto? I wondered. 

It was until 15minutes until she came back, I noticed that now she was wearing a shorts teamed up with a jersey and her hair were tied up into a bun. 

I later noticed her smirking at something and then I realised for what it was she was juggling with a football. 

Holy shit!! She wants to play football? And in rains? I was gobsmacked. 

She snapped in front of me to get me out of my reverie.

'Wanna lose?' She challenged.

'Yes' I said mocking fear.

'So jump in' She announced.

'Bring it on Cas' I scoffed.

She's been awful at Football from the start.And now she's challenging me.This girl is gonna get it.

'Are you gonna play like that?' She asked me raising an eye-brow.

'Ofcourse Not' I smirked.