Chapter 36

~ Cassie's POV ~

After that awful night and a day of hangover it was time for school again. I got ready and texted Ana.

Are you coming to pick me up?

I'm so sorry! I am going with Ryan, I will see you at school?

Okay! ENJOY!

I have to go alone then,damn! Its so awkward to go alone. I walked towards the bus stop because today I don't even have my car.

" Want a ride?" A car stopped by next to me. I turned towards the driver and it was Nate.

"sure" I hopped in. The car was silent and there was soft music playing in the background.
Nate suddenly turned to me and looked right into my eyes,I was suddenly taken aback as I saw him leaning towards me. What is he gonna do? My heart starts beating faster as he advances towards me slowly and his hand reach outs to mine and I pull myself back and tilt my head and I closed my eyes.

"There you go!" I see him back in his seat as he starts the car. All he did was put on my seatbelt. Damn!
Nate acted as if he didn't notice what effect he had on me earlier. I swear to God, even I didn't intend to feel something like that. This was kind of a different feeling. Do I actually like Nate? No it can't be like that,cause I already like Luke since a long time. And plus, I can't like Nate, he's my best friends brother. Its going to be weird if it happens.

"Hello, do you plan to stare outside the window the whole day? " Nate snaps me off my reverie. I blush. What? I blush?

"Sorry!" I get out of the car in a hurry and wave him off. I avoid making an eye contact with him because its getting awkward to be around Nate now. I walked through the hallway and meet Stella and Harper there.

"Hey Cassie!" Both of them smiled as I walked towards them. Ana was nowhere to be seen, I wonder where she was.

" Where's Ana?" coincidentally three of us asked each other.

"I thought she was with you" Again the same thing.

"Don't worry, she will come around" I smiled. At that very moment I saw here walking in the hallway with Luke and they both were really into a conversation to even notice us standing right there just few feets away.

"Anastasia" Harper called out to gain her attention and the Ana stiffened.

" Bye" She walked off from Luke and hugged three of us together. "Hello, my girls!"

"Someone's in a really good mood" Stella smirked at her. We all went to the class together then.