Chapter 1

^^ Scarlett Montgomery

Chapter 1:

Scarlett's POV:

"Thalia run and don't look back!" I yelled. Thalia looked at me frantically before moving her little legs.

I heard the door break open and I shoved the backpack over my back and ran in the direction that Thalia did.

I quickly caught up to her and we came to a small clearing shortly after. I took heavy deep breaths and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Thalia was just a girl so she could not shift yet.

"Are you okay?" I asked breathing heavily. I cupped her face as she nodded.

"Alright...Come on." I whispered gesturing to an opening. I kept looking around as we jogged through. We were quiet as we moved in and out of the trees.

"Scarlett, I'm tired." She breathed. Her little legs couldn't take all the running and jumping.

"Here." I whispered placing the backpack on her back. I bent down so she could hop on when I heard a twig snap followed by a 'shit'.

I ushered Thalia towards the tree where she kept down and I stood up looking around. I rolled out my shoulders feeling my hands beginning to shake.

"Scarlett watch out!" Thalia yelled. I turned and a sharp pin hit my chest. I looked down as a blue dart stuck out of my chest.

"Scarlett!" Thalia yelled. I felt the woozy effects of the tranquilizer as another one hit my chest.

I slumped to the ground as my vision blurred and I felt a small hand grasp mine.

"Scarlett..." Thalia cried. I smiled as my eyes began to feel extremely heavy.

"Don't worry, baby girl." I whispered all though my words were a little slurred.

Life wasn't always filled with tranquilizer's, pre werewolves or running.

No life was simpler before.

Before I was rejected...