Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Present Day

Scarlett's POV:

"Scarlett, eh?" Someone asked. I turned and his emerald eyes were dark and filled with lust as he looked me up and down. I gulped and pushed Thalia behind me.

"It's a long story..." I said and he smirked.

"Scar, you and I have more than enough time." He said quietly. His broad shoulders towered over me and I stared up at him frightened.

"I'm Zero." He said.

Five Years Ago...

Scarlett's POV:

I sobbed uncontrollably as I stared in the mirror at my face. The right side of my cheek sunk in painfully and I lightly touched it in pain. After being hit time and time again I had enough.

I had gone through black eyes, fat lips, bloody noses and now my cheek.

I gripped the sink as my tears fell into the porcelain bowl. I stared at my long blond hair in the mirror. It was down past my waist and I growled angrily finding a pair of scissors and roughly cutting off the long locks.

I touched the jaw length hair and looked at the remnants of the lengthy hair in the sink.

I quickly left the bathroom and grabbed a duffel bag from my closet and began throwing in countless pairs of pants and shirts. I also grabbed a credit card that would soon be cut off once they realize that I left.

I grabbed a black zip up hoodie and zipped it up.

"Scarlett? How are you feeling?" Becky asked walking in. She stopped and stared at my hair, then my face and then my bags.

"I'm going with you." She said bluntly and I chuckled darkly shaking my head.

"Becks as much as I would love to have my best friend with me, you have a life here. You have a mate." I said and she frowned.

"Mate or no mate you are my sister." She swore and I dropped my things and looked back at her.

"You made me promise that nothing would ever come between us and we would always stay together. You have to keep that promise." She said and I sighed.

I dropped the bags and walked over to her and placed my hands on her shoulders. I glanced at the locket on her chest and I could feel mine burning into my chest.

"Becky I love you and you will always be my best friend and you will always be a sister to me. I can't take you away from your life."

"Will I ever see you again?" She asked doubtfully.

"Probably not." I grinned and she smiled.

"But I will try my best." I said and she nodded.

"Do you want me to tell anyone?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I got it covered." I smirked pulling out a blank piece of paper. I got a red marker and wrote in big letters: 'Fuck you all. Sincerely, Scarlett' I then pressed my lips to the paper leaving a red lip stick mark. I laid the piece of paper nicely on my bed and pulled over my hood.

"I love you Scarlett." Becky said and I hugged her tightly.

"I love you too, Becks." I said.

I walked downstairs with my hood up and went towards the back door. Kayla and Joey say at the table along with my mother.

"Scarlett where are you going?" My mom asked.

"For a run." I said keeping my eyes on the door.

"With a homeless bag?" Kayla sneered.

"It has weight in it to make me go faster, dumbass." I snapped.

"Scarlett!" My mother scolded.

"Leave me alone." I said opening the door and slamming it shut behind me.