Part 2 Chapter 2

^^ Jaxon

Jaxon:

"Aren't you excited?" Thalia asked as we walked into Ainsley's house. Thalia had two bags full of chips and candy while Ainsley carried pizza and I carried cases of pop. You'd think that we would have been feeding for a party but then again, werewolves had huge appetites.

"Marathon of horror films, pepperoni pizza- thick crust, chips and chocolate and pop? It's heaven." Ainsley said happily. We went downstairs into Ainsley's theatre room. Blankets and pillows were already set up in the basement.

I went into the bathroom and pulled on a pair of sweats and a plain tee and walked back out and plopped down beside Thalia.

"More presents!" She laughed while handing over a pink wrapped box. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at her but took the box from her. I opened the paper and my eyes landed on a familiar shoe box. I carefully watched her as her eyes remained on my hands. I opened the box to see brand new, custom cleats I had wanted. One day Thalia and I were online and we had customized our own shoes.

"You actually remembered?" I said shocked.

"Of course I did. Are you doubting my memory?" She asked putting her hands on her hips.

"No, no...just, thank you." I said sincerely and she smiled and hugged me tightly.

"You're welcome!" She smiled. I then opened up Ainsley present which was of course high end clothes. If you wanted clothes, Ainsley knew your style and got it spot on.

We began watching the movie and eating pizza while talking aimlessly.

"Jason asked me on a date." Thalia said while Ainsley was getting the next movie ready. My eyes widened and I frowned at Thalia.

"Jason Clint? Really?" Ainsley asked surprised and looking at me briefly. I said nothing and stared at the blank screen.

"Yea. I said I didn't know, I told him I don't know if I like him like that." Thalia shrugged.

"You told Jason Clint that you don't know if you like him like that? You do realize no girl has said that to him in his seventeen years of living?" Ainsley said.

"Well maybe some of those girls were lying? Maybe they were too afraid to say it to his face." She suggested and Ainsley shook her head.

"Jason Clint is the definition of a pretty boy. He plays basketball, he is rich, what more could a girl want?" Ainsley smirked.

"I think that's shallow. Liking him for that." Thalia said and I couldn't help but laugh as Ainsley shook her head.

"It is shallow. But it's a high school boy, I don't care." She said. It was no secret in our small circle that Ainsley was crushing on our young literature teacher. Mr. Wilkinson. He was maybe twenty-three, to become a teacher as a werewolf was less school than a human.

He majored in English and specialized in Shakespeare. Ainsley said she thinks that they are mates but hasn't had physical contact with him to know for sure.

"Mr. Wilkinson barking up your tree yet?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yea, Mr. Wilkinson." Thalia nodded and Ainsley sighed while folding his arms.

"He's cute." She muttered.

"Do you like him like that?" Thalia asked her.

"No..." She scoffed and then she turned to me and smirked.

"What about you, golden boy? Star wide receiver, who is "barking up your tree"?" Ainsley asked using air quotations.

"No one." I said while looking away.

"No one? Why?" Thalia asked.

"I don't know. No one has caught my eye." I assured.