Part 2 Chapter 3

^^ Ainsley

Thalia

"Hi mom." I said passing Scarlett in the kitchen. She wasn't my actual mother, my real family was murdered or abandoned me, I wasn't sure and Scarlett found me and raised me. From there we met Zero-my dad and her mate.

I had two twin little brothers named Calder and Carver, they were both five going on six. I also had a younger sister who had just turned four, her name is Josephine and then a two year old brother named Blaise. My mom was also pregnant again with their fifth legitimate child.

Oh yea, they didn't stop.

My parents have been trying to explain to me what a mate is and I still didn't fully understand it. They said it's this tingly, spark, electric feeling you get when you're around that person. To be honest, I don't even know if I felt it yet.

"Hi sweetheart." She said kissing my cheek while laying down a sandwich in front of me. Football and ballet had me busy all the time, along with school. My mom always made sure I was well fed.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"In his office with Calder and Carver. Blaise and Josie are down for a nap." She explained and I nodded while opening my bag and pulling out my homework.

"I forgot to ask you, how did Jax like his gift?" She asked.

"He loved it. I think he was surprised that I remembered."

"I love that boy. When are you two going to start dating? He's already eighteen and you're seventeen." She said and I shrugged.

"Ainsley asked him during our sleepover if he liked anyone and he said no."

"Lia, he's not going to tell you right to your face like that." She said.

"Why not?" I frowned.

"Because it's embarrassing and it takes a lot of courage to do that." She explained.

"I don't even know if I like him like that. Jason Clint asked me on a date and I told him no."

"Honey, you will feel it one day or another. Don't rush it." She assured while smoothing down my hair. She walked out as my phone went off. I looked at Jaxon's contact name.

'Nice night out, wanna go for a walk? -Jax.'

'You're outside aren't you?' I asked back. Jaxon loved walking, he did it when he was stressed to clear his head. He sent back a winky face and I smiled while heading to the front door.

"Mom, I'm going for a walk with Jax." I called opening the door and shutting it behind me. Jaxon stood leaning against his car. He had on the new hoodie Ainsley bought him and a pair of shorts with flip flops.

"What's up?" I asked curiously while walking over to him.

"I just wanted to clear my head." He said not meeting my eyes. We began walking down the street in silence. I would always wait until he was ready to tell me what was wrong.

"So, there's this girl..." he began and I raised my eyebrows at him. There was a girl he liked.

"There is a girl you like?" I asked and he looked up at me shocked.

"Well, yea. But I don't know if she likes me."

"Does she go to our school?"

"Yea. She's really smart and funny. Pretty too."

"Can I know her name?"

"Uh...no." He said.

"So what is wrong? Just tell her you like her."

"I don't want it to ruin our friendship."

"Oh..." I said looking down at the ground.

"What would you do?" He asked.

"You know what I would do. I would just tell them, but you're not me. I still think you should just tell her but if you value the friendship with her then maybe hold off. Although, you should tell her."

"It's just other guys are asking her out and she said she doesn't like them but I don't know..."

"You will never know unless you ask. Either have her know the truth or keep your friendship, Jaxon." I said.

"Thanks, Lia." He said quietly. We walked in silence for a bit longer before he spoke again.

"So, you and Jason huh?"

"Me and Jason what?"

"You're seeing Jason?"

"No. I told him I wasn't interested." I assured.

"Really? He's saying you two are going out." Once he said that I stopped walking.

"Why would he do that? I told him I didn't want to." I said confused.

"Jason is a dick, Thalia. I will take care of it." He said.

"I can handle Jason Clint. He shouldn't be saying things that aren't true."

"He's a high school kid. One of many who wish they had your time." Jaxon said quietly.

"My time?"

"Your time focused on them."