Chapter 23

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time my loves!

Chapter 23

Scarlett:

"A lot went down last night. I didn't want to do it all at once. I'm a bit of a romantic baby." He pointed out.

"A romantic? You talking making love on a bed of flower petals?" I asked leaning back into him. He sucked in a breath and his one hand squeezed the outside of my thigh and he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Definitely. Beautiful dinner, new silk bed sheets. The whole nine yards for you." He said and I couldn't help but smile.

"I appreciate it." I smiled lifting my hand up and lightly touching his cheek. I pressed a kiss to his cheek and then stood up.

"You disappointed about last night?" He asked curiously while leaning forward on his desk.

"No. did I say that?" I asked.

"No I'm just making sure you are satisfied." He smirked teasingly. I stuck my tongue out at him and made my way to the kitchen.

-----

"Hi!" Thalia beamed while running towards us. I smiled and bent down and wrapped my arms around her tightly. I smoothed down her brown hair and looked into her blue eyes.

"Hi, how was school?" I smiled. I couldn't believe how much I missed this girl and it hadn't even been that long.

"It was good. Look what someone left in my desk." She said putting her bag down and pulling something out. I looked at the small red rose as she placed it into my hand.

"Who gave you this?" I asked while taking her hand to walk to Zero who was waiting in the car.

"I don't know. When I came back from lunch recess it was in there. My teacher said maybe I have a secret admirer." She said while skipping beside me.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yea." She nodded.

"What's a secret admirer?" She then asked.

"Someone who admires you secretly." I said teasingly.

"Mom! You're just using the same words to describe it." She said rolling her eyes. Now don't get me wrong, Thalia was a smart girl but because of her not attending school, her social skills were lacking. She didn't know what certain social interactions were. She didn't understand when someone admired you.

"It's when someone likes you and may have a little bit of difficulty saying it."

"Why? Just say that if you like or don't like someone. There was this girl in my class who was really mean to this other girl and I told her that I didn't like her right to her face." She shrugged.

"Thalia...you- never mind." I said.

"So, if this person likes me then they should just say it so that we can be friends." She said opening the car door.

"Thalia, this person really likes you. As more than friends."

"Like you and dad?" She said simply. I glanced at Zero and I watched as he grinned widely at her calling him dad.

"Yea." I nodded.

"Thalia, you're too little for boys. School and sports right?" Zero asked.

"I just want a lot of friends. Mom did you know this one girl in my class, her mom let her dye her hair pink!" She exclaimed.

"Wow, that's exciting."

"I want to do that. Let's go to the store and get some." She said.

"Thalia, your hair is beautiful." I said. She had insanely long, dusty brown hair. I wouldn't dare cut it or anything.

"Fine. You never let me do anything fun." She pouted and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes because I basically give you everything." I said.

"I know but still." She said. I glanced back at her to see her eyes dropping shut.

"Busy day at school kid?" Zero asked her.

"Mhmmm." She mumbled.