Chapter 2

^^ Thalia Montgomery

Chapter 2

Six Years Ago...

Scarlett's POV:

"Scarlett you have to get up." My mom said coming into my room. I was slumped on my stomach when she opened the window making the sun shine brightly into my room.

I groaned turning my head my long hair tangling into the sheets and my body.

"Come on, Scarlett." My mom said slamming my door. I sighed sitting up and rubbing my tired eyes.

I got up walking to my closet and pulling out workout leggings and a matching workout long sleeve. I tied my long hair into a high pony tail and went into my bathroom.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth and headed downstairs. The pack house was filled with adults and teens and small children all waking up. I grabbed my bag by the front door and made sure my track shoes were inside.

"Do you have track practice today?" Matthew asked. He was in the same grade as me and he talked to me most of the time.

"I do." I answered. I didn't really fit in around here and you will soon understand why.

"Go run around a circle and get all hot and sweaty. Fun." Kayla said. Kayla was my younger sister. She was in grade nine whereas I was in grade ten. She was already on the cheer team and flirting with seniors.

"Because climbing on top of girls is so great." I sneered biting into a piece of spongy coffee cake.

"It's impressive." Someone said. I looked up as the future alpha Joey walked in. He was a senior and still looking for a mate. He was the definition of flawless and I dreamt every night that I would wake up on my sixteenth birthday in two days and he would be my mate.

"Thanks, Joe." Kayla smiled flicking her hair.

"You're welcome Kayla. But I was referring to your sister and her track." He said grabbing a cup of coffee.

"Really?" My sister and I both said surprised. He chuckled as he took a sip.

"Yes. I heard from a few other people that you are the top runner in our school. That's impressive." He commented. I looked away and blushed deeply.

"Thanks Joey." I smiled looking down.

"Anytime, Scarlett." He said. He walked out and Kayla huffed at me before following. She wanted Joey as much as any other girl.

-----

Once I got to school I placed my bags into my already sports filled locker. Running shoes, a soccer ball, lacrosse stick and a soft ball bat and even some flags for flag football rested in my mess of a locker.

"Hi Scarlett." Someone gushed. I turned to my friend Becky. She was from a low pack near us and she was a really nice girl. She had thick braces on her teeth and her hair was always flat and in a low pony tail, she was a really nice girl though- she was my best friend.

"Hi Becky. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good. Did you finish Mr. Lakowski's homework?" She asked referring to our English teacher.

"Did you finish Lakowski's English homework, Phil?" Someone said in a mocking voice that had a lisp. I turned to Phillip and Brad; they were Joey's friends and from my pack- they were complete assholes.

Becky and I both frowned and she looked down.

"Don't listen to them, Becks. They are stupid boys who have like two brain cells." I assured and she smiled.

"You're right Scarlett, I will see you in class okay?" She asked.

"Of course. I'm just going to grab a water from the cafe." I said as she walked away. The bell rang and everyone began disappearing from the halls.

I made my way to the cafe where I grabbed a bottle of water. I waited in line and when I went to go pay someone stopped me.

"I got it." Joey assured handing the cafe lady some money.

"Wow, thanks Joey." I smiled.

"It's only a bottle of water, Scarlett. Don't worry." He chuckled walking out. I followed behind him as he walked with me.

"Where is your next class?" He asked.

"I'm in Lakowski's class right now, two twenty-three." I said.

"I'll walk you." He smiled and I blushed again.

"Really?" I asked surprised and he nodded.