Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Scarlett's POV:

"What's the deal with Kayla." He stated my question again.

"Uh yea, I just asked that." I frowned confused.

"Oh, we were just friends in high school, she was a cheerleader and I was a jock. The usual." He shrugged.

"Oh, so what? She was surprised that your mate is her sister?" I laughed while casually laying my hand on his shoulder. My fingers played with the hair on his neck and I hadn't even realized what I had been doing.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a small smile.

"Oh sorry!" I apologized retracting my hand and blushing profusely.

"It's fine." He laughed.

---------

Thalia rubbed her eyes tiredly as we sat at the table. I was starving and I haven't had a full fledged meal in so long. However it had been a long day and she was tired.

"Are you tired?" I asked her and she nodded weakly.

"Are you putting her in school?" Zero asked.

"School? What is that?" She asked.

"You know how I taught you with those workbooks?" I asked and she nodded.

"Well you do that at school except with a lot of other kids."

"So, you won't be teaching me?" She asked sadly.

"No, someone else will but when you come home I will be here." I said.

"Do I have to go tomorrow?" She pouted.

"No, but I will have to go register you." I said.

"Okay." She said yawning.

After putting Thalia to bed I wandered around the house not sure where I would be sleeping.

"Knowing Zero I am probably sleeping with him." I muttered.

"How did you know?" A deep voice asked. His chest pressed right to my backside and I shivered.

"Why are you shivering?" He cooed while touching the goosebumps that rose on my arms.

"Chilly." I answered.

"Well anyways we are going this way." He said stepping into me and guiding me to the room. He opened the door to reveal a large white canopy bed, polished-wood dressers and an easily visible walk-in closet.

"Oh, is this my room?" I asked.

"Our room. It was originally mine." He said brushing past me. I quietly walked to the bathroom to peer in at the large jacuzzi tub.

"Don't worry you can use her." He said. I turned around and immediately clamped my hands over my eyes.

"Zero!" I growled feeling my cheeks literally catch on fire.

"What?" He asked casually.

"Y-You're naked!" I exclaimed.

"And? It's a preference. I enjoy sleeping naked." He answered.

"I don't want to sleep in a bed with you naked!" I said peeking through to see him in bed with the sheet over him. You could visually see the outline of his large extremities.

"Oh, just get in the bed, Scar." He said. I sighed but rifled through his closet grabbing one of his black button up shirts.

I tore off my shirt and bra while buttoning up the soft shirt. I pushed down the leggings and pulled up my socks as I breathed in the scent looming on his shirt.

I sighed happily as his scent traveled through my body.

"What the hell are you doing in there?" He chuckled and my head shot up.

"Finding something suitable." I said stepping down. I looked at the floor as I felt his eyes on me intently.

"Wow." He said as I sat down. His hand reached over and touched my thigh and I felt heat and sparks tingle through my legs.

"Stop." I said blushing again.

"Oh, look how cute you are." He hummed while watching me.

"You are going to make my body combust." I said feeling my cheeks only get hotter.

I pulled the blankets over my body and laid back into the comfortable bed.

"Shit, my old bed was a spring filled rack." I chuckled.

"It still creaks so the whole house can hear." He smirked while winking at me.

"I'm done. I'm going to sleep." I laughed rolling over onto my side. I faced away from him and closed my eyes.

"Oh come here, cake pop." He said pulling my back to his chest. He was so tall so I didn't feel anything and I shook my head.

"I hope I kick you in the dick in my sleep." I muttered.